Monday, December 8, 2008

Snow!

I guess growing up in North Carolina has made me appreciate snow more than most people here in Rexburg. I've actually been really sad lately that we haven't had a real snowfall yet this year. However, this morning I woke up to Lily's babbling as usual and when I got up to get a bottle ready (Ben was already awake working on a big project) Ben told me to look out the window and there was snow! YAY! I don't think I'll ever grow tired of it! Last winter was pretty rough but when your winter is 9 months long, I think anyone would go insane. But here are pictures of Lily's first real snowfall! I took these pictures right outside our apartment!

P.S. Lily isn't too happy in these pictures because she had a messy diaper and it was almosAlign Centert nap time.... maybe I should take her out again when she's happier....











Here is our festivity! You can see some of our snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. I think those turned out quite beautiful. I have such a great husband. He sat down with me for a couple of hours with a pair of scissors and glitter beautifying them with me.

8 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

cute apt! I know what you mean about the whole snow thing. Yes, it's depressing when it's a long winter, but still, to wake up to snow is like waking up with a miracle in your front yard! I never get tired of it either. At least the looking part. Scraping the cars, and slipping and breaking a tailbone on it ain't so great. We got snow today as well :)

Anonymous said...

Aww now I am sad that I didnt get pictures outside your apt, Lilly looks so sweet! I love your decorations, they looks so welcoming!

Mary Ann said...

Those are adorable shots of Lily in the snow--I don't care if she is a little sad! Cute apartment, too. I can't believe how much bigger your living room looks with the table gone! It made me want to come visit (watch out ;D).

Julie said...

Super cute pictures of Lily - she is so beautiful! I love snow, too. :) It has been snowing all day here...I can't get enough of it!

Becca said...

Apparently Lily likes the snow just as much as I do...haha! What a cutie! Your home looks so nice! Great job y'all!

Cheryl said...

Lily just looks pensive. Those are cute picturesof her. One day whe will appreciate the journal you're doing for her. Are you keeping a hard copy of your blog? Isn't it fun to just sit in the lighting of Christmas lights? Your living room looks pretty.

Liz Wilcken said...

time for an update :) Or even play the "heather needs" game (check out my blog if you don't know what I'm talking about). I already checked out your name and there's one really funny one.

Karen said...

You should give Ben a needle and a thread. He's pretty talented in all those crafty things :)