As you all know, last month I found out that my pregnancy took a turn for the better and that my OB/GYN just said that I needed to be doing bloodwork often so they could keep an eye on the antibodies in my blood. Well I walked into my OB/GYN's office yesterday morning expecting the typical visit: weight, blood pressure, urine sample, baby's heartbeat, bloodwork, questions, leave. Well at first I thought it was going to be a bad visit because they forgot to tell me at the last visit that I'm due for my glucose test (ggggaaaaggggg me) today. But things got better once my Doctor said I'd just be doing it next week instead. But the really good news came next: in my last antibody screening they weren't able to find ANY antibodies. They've been keeping a close eye on my blood just to make sure my antibody level doesn't get to a certain point, but now, all of a sudden, there are none. My doctor just had a confused look on his face and said that he'd never seen this happen because technically it's just not possible for antibodies to disappear. It's possible to control how many are added to or maintained in your blood, but not possible to just get rid of them. He happilly told me that now I'm not considered a high-risk pregnancy and neither are my future pregnancies (since I would have to be doing blood work all the time in those, too, and I would still have to have special attention because of this weirdness).
I believe that when life just doesn't seem to be anywhere close to perfect and we are doing the best we can, the Lord blesses us in ways that we wouldn't expect. This was the most perfect timing for this news. I needed it right now. I also can say that I have been given the best first Mother's Day present ever--to know that I will be able to be a mother again at some point without any worry.
Well I'm pretty sure my sister, Becca, would kill me if I did another post without baby pictures..... so here are a couple of new pictures... (sorry they're not amazing, Becca. We just took them last minute so you wouldn't lecture me again.... oh and I wasn't able to get a movie of Lily doing her new weird crawl but I'll try to soon....)

Sadly, this is Lily's new favorite toy. She just likes banging on the keyboard and hearing all of the beeps..... what a funny little one.....
5 comments:
Wow, Heather! What a huge blessing! I believe in miracles and fasting! How wonderful! I am so grateful. I told Aunt Chris last night your good news and she was just glowing with happiness for you!
What do you mean those pictures aren't good?! Lily looks amazing! It is too bad that she's chosen such an expensive toy...you may want to hide it. :) Thanks for putting up pics for me! You'll have to work on that crawling video... :D
LOVE Y'ALL!
Ditto.
What great news! We are certainly grateful for God's tender mercies to us all. Especially for those that involved our sweet babies.
What a great miracle! We are so thrilled for you. Happy Mother's Day.
By the way, Sami loves keyboards too, so Jonathan bought her a cheap keyboard from Target and gave it to her for her birthday, but she's not interested in it because she knows it doesn't do anything neat. Kids are so smart.
I think those photos of Lily are adorable too! She is definitely a radiant child!! So glad she's ours!
I just have to say once again how grateful I am that God has heard our prayers and that all is well. Miracles really do happen!
Post a Comment