So here's one of my tales for the week: Yesterday I took Lily to get her 12 month immunizations (yes, I'm 2 months behind.... hand me the "Worst Mother of the Year Award"). So with Lily in one arm and my diaper bag and Sky in the other I try to open the doors to get into the building (in Rexburg this is a nightmare because there are always double doors!!!!). So as I wait Lily's running around the lobby while Sky's screaming because he's hungry (dang, I'd hoped he would just sleep....). Then finally they call Lily's name. We get all the paperwork done while she runs out of the room, takes off the magnets on the file cabinets, puts finger prints all over the window, and attempts to take off the books on the bookshelf. Finally it's time for her to get her shots. I braced myself because I knew she was going to get 6. But she was good like she was every time and only cried for about 60 seconds. Whoo. That's done. The worst is over. So with two babies and a bag in arms again we leave to go home. It's nap time, thank goodness. Lily wakes up 2 hours later, and then I realize, that, no, the worst is not over. She had 6 band-aids. Now she only has one. I can only see 2 in her crib. Where are the other 3? I don't know. Hopefully not in any of today's diapers......
This is a picture of Sky's hair after his bath. It's sooooo curly! He's only a week old in this pic and this is when I decided that he's my cherub. What a cutie!
Daddy and Sky

I just need to say how grateful I am for Ben. He has been the greatest support. When I had Lily Ben was working from 7 AM-11 PM every day and I didn't think it was fair that he do any nightfeedings so I think he did two total (when I was sick). He has a different job now and he has been helping me so much with nightfeedings and all sorts of other things. The other day when Ben was home for lunch I fell asleep while he was chatting with me (horrible I know) and I woke up 15 minutes later as he was putting the babies in their cribs to go to sleep so that I could also nap since he was about to return to work. I'm so grateful to be married. It's the best to have such a great best friend. And then I remember, yeah, I'm doing all of this pretty early in life, but it's pretty amazing. Life is good.

7 comments:
Yay! What an awesome post! I love Ben, too! I'm glad that pic of Sky is finally up! I love the one of Ben and Sky too. I wish I could be there to help! Give my love to the babes.
Man, it's my nap time, so I can't think of anything to write. But you're my sister so I had to write something. So, thanks for updating the blog. I like to hear how you're doing. Man I think I'm gonna be asleep in about 30 secondzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Worst Mom of the Year award? For being ONLY two months late? Not a chance. You'll have to do much better (worse?) than that. Come on over and I'll share some stories on how I've gotten my awards for Mom of the Year...
I love you, Heather! You're the best!!
Oh Heather! You are a great mom! Benjamin was very lucky to have snagged you up! You two are both amazing cousins and parents! Your kids are so lucky to have you!
Dear Heather and Ben, and the two small ones...We enjoyed your blog! Most of all, Heather, we enjoy you!! We just want to send our love from our home to your home. Stay healthy and of course...pregnant :) I really do know that you're trying for your third. Good luck! We love your family!!
It is hard having two so close together. I don't feel like I fully enjoyed Janie until she starting sleeping through the night. Exhaustion is so hard to work through. Ben is a good guy, and your kids are so cute!!!
Post a Comment