Monday, August 17, 2009

Thank Goodness I Have Long Toes

My mom flew out to Rexburg to help me with Skyler's birth and with all of the adjustments afterward. I owe her a ton because she helped out when drama hit. So thank you, Mommy, for all of meals you made for us and Lily, the cleaning, almost-sleepless nights, and entertainment. She brought Sky this little onsie. It's pretty obvious that it's from her.... if you can't read it it says, "If Mommy says no ask Grandma." Pretty perfect for her since there's also a whale on it..... hopefully he'll fit in it for a while...... but no promises since he's putting on weight faster than me in my third trimester.

Becca also came up for a couple of days to pick up my mom and bring her down to Utah. She and Sky bonded nicely. I love sleeping babies..... SO CUTE!



Then April and her girls came to visit. Here's a picture of Sam and Lily together. They're only a month apart and looked almost identical when they were newborns. The camera took this a split second after they let go of holding hands.... awwwww.....



April: "This picture is going to make it look like Skyler's OUR baby....."


As for our little Macbeth family we are doing much better. Lily has finally been sleeping through Sky's cries at night. She used to pop up after every noise and cry when I would get Skyler out of his crib and leave her in hers. However, Saturday night she was just EXHAUSTED. Her bedtime is 7 but I couldn't keep her awake that long...... this is her close to sleep at about 6ish...... (sorry about its blurriness).....



Let me say that I totally LOVE having two babies. It keeps me busy and I'm past the roughest part (I'm pretty sure) and so I'm just enjoying the love that I get to experience each day. This doesn't mean that it's easy, though. I have discovered a whole bunch of "magic tricks" up my sleeve. So what's my biggest asset? My toes. That's right. My whole life I've made fun of my toes that resemble E.T.'s fingers. Well I'm not laughing anymore. When I'm nursing Skyler I can tickle Lily, grab her blankie when she cries, close baby gates behind me when I'm holding one or two babies, pick up trash really quick before Lily gets to it, and so many more things. I have a whole new respect for toes now. And yes, you really are reading a blog post about toes. I promise that when I get more sleep I'll write about something that actually makes sense. In the meantime enjoy my mindblowingly dilusional blog!

6 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Yay for long toes. Yeah, those tricks come in handy, huh? It saved me when Rose was 2 months and I had broken my tail bone. Believe it or not, but that was the easiest way (and not as painful way) to clean up :) Thanks for all the pictures :)

David & Brenda said...

What a delightful blog entry! Oh, that little boy is cute!!

I loved the photos: It was great seeing little Sam and Lily together at last; to share a little of April's visit with her brother as she saw him as a family man for the first time, and I loved the family pic! I just can't get enough!!!!

April Bishop said...

It was great to see you guys. We'll have to make it happen sooner next time... You have some awfully cute kiddos!

thepodfather said...

Love the pictures! BTW, I'm thinking that Lily is starting to look more like a Whale now. In the picture of Lily and Sam it seems to me that Lily looks very much like Heather or Becca when they were that age (maybe it's just wishful thinking ;-) ). Thanks for a very entertaining blog.

Becca said...

Cuteness! Love all of the pics.

I always knew your toes would come in handy one day. :)

Cheryl said...

Nice pictures!! Cute kids, including the older ones! :)
My toes are useless! You're quite lucky to have a back up. There's a lady in our ward who doesn't have arms and I absolutely love watching her do stuff with her toes!
Have a good day!