Sunday, August 9, 2009

Who Needs Coffee When You've Got Two Babies?!?!

That's right...... I don't need coffee because I have a newborn and a 13-month-old keeping me on my toes...... let me explain. Anyone who knows anything about babies knows that they lllloooooovvvveee putting things in their mouths. They seriously find things that are invisible to the adult eye (after you've vacuumed and swept countless times, of course) and just pop them in their mouths not caring what it is. Well this morning was no different from any other day and I saw that Lily was trying to chew on something I definitely hadn't given her. "Mom do you know what she put in her mouth?" "I think it might have been a raisin." So I of course walk casually over to her and stick my finger in to check and pulled out her "snack." "AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! It's Skyler's umbilical cord!!!!!!" And that, my friends, is why I don't need coffee.

Ben's parents were able to come up on Tuesday to meet little Skyler. It was good to see them again. Here are some pictures from the visit:


My mom and I agree that Skyler is the easiest baby we've ever heard of. Each night I only have one real night feeding and then one early morning (5:30ish) feeding and they're only about an hour long. He doesn't really cry, either. I am very happy to be proven wrong that I had a baby who's even easier than Lily was. She was a phenomenally easy baby, as well. Anyhow I call Sky my little Cherub. Just look at that face..... I'm currently trying to convince Ben to let me dress him up as Cupid for Halloween. I can just see him with little heart arrows...... he's already gotten me with one of them. I just love this little boy. I think I've got to be the luckiest mom in the world to have Lily and Sky.


Here's a movie I really enjoy. Nothing's better than a dizzy baby, right?

6 comments:

thepodfather said...

Hmmm. That will be a most interesting Halloween costume for Sky - Cupid, dressed in the leather jacket that Ben is making for him. :-)

Carla and crew said...

I seem to remember Brenda doing that with Benjamin--keep up the good work Grandma B!

David & Brenda said...

Heather, I laughed and laughed when I read about Lily's "snack". And your choice of wording really made it extra fun. We're glad you're you!!! I would love to have been able to get a picture of your reaction when you looked in Lily's mouth!! :)

She comes by it naturally. When Benjamin was her age, we had to be really quick to keep him from eating "deer raisins" and the little green worms that would drop down from trees. I do think an umbilical cord tops it all though!

Cheryl said...

What a hilarious blog!!!! I was talking with Brenda when I read it and I'm so glad, because it gave me someone with whom to laugh!
I agree...dizzy kids are fun to watch! I wonder how they feel?! Obviously, they must like it too or they wouldn't keep asking to be spun. :)
I'm so glad I've finally met you, Heather! You bring a ray of sunshine into my day when I read your blog. You did before too, but now I know the author and know your incredible personality!

Chrissy said...

Umbilical cord in the mouth! That's hilarious in a disgusting way. Whenever kids do stuff like that Jonathan says they're building their immune systems, Lily is going to have the strongest immune system around.

And I am glad you are getting some rest at night. That's the hardest part of having an infant, in my opinion.

Liz Wilcken said...

I think you should submit that story to a parenting magazine. I'm sure you could win some money for it!