Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Lot of Love


This week has been wonderful. A lot of things have made life so enjoyable. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:

  • Lily started laughing like the Count from Sesame Street when I count with her. It is HILARIOUS. She started doing it when my parents were visiting us last weekend and it hasn't stopped!
  • Lily is starting to kiss Sky now! I love being a mom and being able to see their sweetness! Ben and I tell each other everyday how grateful we are to be parents!
  • Today Lily went to nursery for the first time! OK, OK, Ben and I are cheaters and she isn't technically 18 months old until Christmas Eve but she's been ready for nursery for a LONG time. We took her into the classroom and she ran right in to play with the other kids. So Ben and I made our escape quickly and the last thing I saw was her stealing some other kid's snack.... oops. But after church was over her teachers said she was awesome. This is a HUGE blessing because when Ben and I each are in charge of a baby for all of church we don't actually get to hear a lot. Now that we have one baby I'll actually be able to go to all 3 meetings again! YAY!
Lily modeling her toilet paper. :)

Ben and I have a lot to be grateful for. We haven't even really considered moping around that Ben's unemployed because we have so many blessings. We're grateful that we're moving and that my parents are not only letting us come live with them but that they're excited. We're grateful for good friends we've had in Rexburg who have meant so much to us. We're grateful for an awesome doctor who has been my ob/gyn and the babies' pediatrician who charged us way less than we owed him just because he's good guy. And as I was writing this post some random person we don't know knocked on our door and handed us an envelope full of money from an anonymous person. So if that person is reading this post right now you really brought us to tears. Ben and I have been brought to tears so many times this week because we know that although times can be tough we have so much to be grateful for. I really am excited to celebrate this Christmas. I decided a while ago that this year I really wanted my focus on giving to the Lord and I can already see a difference in the beauty of this time of year. So Happy Holidays Y'all! It really is the best time of the year!

5 comments:

Becca said...

You guys are very blessed! I wish I could give that anonymous person/people a hug!

Lily makes TP look better than anyone in the whole world! Sky's laugh is mega cute too! We can't wait to see you!

Liz Wilcken said...

I can't wait to see you either! You're going to have to show us Lily's new laugh!

Mary Ann said...

It will be fun to hear Sky's serenade (like the video) every day! Can hardly wait for y'all to come.

Chrissy said...

What a sweet post! I know what you mean about church. Nursery is an inspired program. You have such a good attitude about life.

Cheryl said...

Your expression of gratitude brought tears to my eyes! Sure love you guys and am so grateful for your stregth of testimony!