Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Week's Adventures


When I woke up this morning and saw that it was snowing I realized that Lily may not have a chance to play in snow for a long time since NC doesn't usually get a ton. So outside we went!









I know a lot of people are going to think I'm crazy but I really will miss the snow here. I HATE the extreme cold but the snow I love. I'll just have to keep reminding myself how much I hate driving on it so that I don't miss it. Rexburg roads, we will not miss you.


I know I'm probably a horrible mom but this picture just makes me laugh. I love how Sky's face is all squished. But I promise that he actually laughs his little head off when Lily climbs into the chair with him.


My new 'do. I did the Locks of Love thing. So I hope I made some little girl's Christmas a little brighter.

There is only one more week until we leave Rexburg. Our apartment keeps getting more and more empty and cleaner (thank you Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, you are a LIFE SAVER!) A friend jokingly asked me a few days ago what I would miss about Rexburg besides their family. It's sad because at the time I could only think of people I would miss and not anything about Rexburg. Now I know that this really has become a home and I will miss it for more reasons. I'll miss the gorgeous temple here and how you can always see Rexburg forever away because of the lighted temple on the hill. I'll miss BYU-Idaho and it will always have a warm place in my heart. I'll miss the little places around Rexburg that Ben and I went to when we were dating. I'll miss being able to brag about how cold it is here. I always laugh when my parents tell me how cold it is in NC when it's in the 40's and it's around -35 here. Haha. I'll miss the security blanket of Rexburg and now I'm going into a world where it's not even normal to be married at 21 let alone have two kids! I'm going to miss the beauty of Idaho. I can laugh at that now because my first thought when I came up here to school was, "this is the ugliest state EVER." But now I've come to appreciate its beauty. I'll miss visiting the ghetto shack we lived in when we were first married. It was the cheapest place around but Ben made it beautiful by planting lilies (my favorite flower) all around the house. It had a tree house and a stream in the backyard and sometimes horses. Idaho has been a wonderful adventure and I really will miss it.

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I loved all the photos! Lily in the snow was adorable. I loved your new hair cut. It actually makes you look older (and a lot like me when I was younger--oh shock!). I loved your tribute to Rexburg--it has been a good home for you. Can hardly wait to have you in ours for a while though! One more week....

Liz Wilcken said...

I can't believe mom beat me to post a comment! Love the new 'do. Can't wait to see you soon! Dave and Tiff have a similar picture of Katelyn sitting on Ethan :)

April Bishop said...

LOVE your new haircut. It's fabulous!

David & Brenda said...

Oh, it brings a pang to my heart to know your departure is so close! One grandma rejoicing and the other mourning.

I love your new haircut, but then, you always look wonderful. I loved the pictures as well of Lily in the snow, and Lily and Benjamin, and Lily and Skyler. I just love everything about your family!!!

Carla and crew said...

Great photos! Ben looks like a giant compared to Lily! Your thoughts of Rexburg remind me of my college days there-- but I don't think I ever loved the snow!!

Anonymous said...

wow! I love your hair! You look amazing! I can't believe we will not being seeing you guys when we come back! You better be keeping up your blog!!!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful photos! You have an amazing family! I am so glad I've had the opportunity to meet you...You are AMAZING! Please drive safely! Have Brenda call me when you get to your destination. You will be in my prayers! Love you!