Before Becca and Preston left we had the chance to go to Falls Lake for swimming/kayaking/picnicking.

Skyler ate the corn that we had cut off the cob and then he just picked up the cob and started eating it THAT way. Cute kid.... even though his faux hawk is doing some pretty crazy stuff.

We were at the Farmers' Market. What was I supposesd to do, let him starve? He's eaten way worse things this week (Disney princess stickers, dog kibble, plastic wrap....)



Sometimes Lily sneaks into the dining room and climbs up on a chair and reads books. Usually "Goodnight Moon."


Here's what's happened this week:
- Lily started calling milk "moo" simply because she can't pronounce "milk." I'm just loving the irony of that one.
- Skyler's pulling himself up now. His crawling has actually been a HUGE blessing and he's been a lot happier the last month or so, but now that he knows how to stand up I'll have to keep my eye on him. I remember that that's when Lily started destroying EVERYTHING.
We also found out that my sister, Lizzie, is pregnant with her fourth baby! Her youngest, Kate, is only 6 months old right now and they will be 14 months apart. This one hits close to home for me since Lily and Skyler are only 13 months apart. I remember when we first had Skyler I thought we were CRAZY and life would be hard forever. I found out that TONS of people have had kids this close and that 99.9% of the time those siblings grow up to be best friends. I've already been able to see that with Lily and Skyler even though he's only 9 months old. So when I say congratulations, I mean it. It's a hard price to pay in the beginning but the reward is so much greater in the end. I'm so happy that I've been able to experience it this way.



4 comments:
Those pictures are so cute! Especially the ones with Preston in them! ;) I can't get over the Moo thing...soo cute!
The pictures of the kids are so cute!!!! I love Lily's swimsuit. :) Pass on my congratulations to your sister.
Hehe...is it just me, or does Preston look like he's getting a high from his water. It looks like he's trying to snort it. :) love you little, bro!
I am glad that things are settling down for you now. That lake looks so fun!
Post a Comment