Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random Stories

This is typical of basically any night: my mom has a bag of marshmallows and feeds her 3 cheeping birds.

Lily commonly points at us and yells our names (because I'm sure she must think that we forget them on a regular basis without her reminders...) She has a tricky time saying "Skyler" so this is what she said at the table last night (pointing at each of us): "Nanny! Papa! Daddy! Mama! THAT!!!!!!" Skyler, it must be nice to be so loved by your sister.

So I already have shared Skyler's "circles" with you when he gets superduper excited about something and just starts spinning. Well a couple of weeks ago Skyler and Lily were swimming (meaning Skyler was sitting in the pool drinking water and Lily was feeding the plants with the water because Lil doesn't like to get wet) and Lily got tired of her cup and threw it back in the pool. This, of course, meant that Skyler grabbed it ASAP and started doing circles. When Lily noticed that he had her cup she started to get upset and tried to get her cup back by running the perimeter of the pool while Skyler's spinning. She couldn't keep up with him and it was HILARIOUS.

Now onto more serious stuff....

Lily has officially started her developmental therapy which has gone well. She also saw an audiologist this morning to learn that her hearing isn't quite average but close. They don't suspect this will be a problem, though. But we did learn from some ear pressure tests that her right ear has terrible pressure and so she'll probably have chronic ear infections for life. :( On the other hand, she's been OK'd to start speech therapy! YAY! And her speech has already started improving. Just a month ago she couldn't even put two words together on her own and now she's doing 3! We're very excited about it!

Ben started his new job on Monday and I have to say that this transition has been pretty awesome. I always imagined that I would struggle getting back into being a mom all day without Ben there to back me up if I needed something. But I forgot how much fun it is to do this full-time. I think our lives are pretty awesome right now. Oh and I totally wanted to get a pic of Ben on his first day (kind of like the first day of school thing) but I was too tired to get out of bed to do it but I did manage to write a note on his napkin for lunch. I was just smiling/laughing to myself over that one until he told me that he ended up tossing it because his manager took him out to lunch. :)

6 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Love the circles story :)

April Bishop said...

Glad you life is coming up roses right now. It sure is your turn! Give Lil and THAT a kiss from their favorite Aunt! (dangerous territory, I know on your blog, buy hey, I said it first!!)

Chrissy said...

I am thrilled you are all doing so well! I am so happy that Lil's therapy is going well. I loved the napkin/thrown-away lunch story! Ha,ha.

David & Brenda said...

I loved the entire entry!! And am grateful for the additional information about Lily. Knowledge is power.

Linda Westover said...

Aren't we blessed to live at a time when therapy is readily available to help these sweet little people! We're glad that things are finally starting to go well for all of you.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like life in the Macbeth family is going great! I'm so happy for you!!!