Saturday, October 2, 2010

Skyler's Quote of the Day

Skyler trying to be Mr. Potato Head.

Seriously go ahead and just roll your eyes before I even tell you this.... but I'm just SUPER DUPER EXCITED to be Mrs. Claus this year.  I know it's barely October but I've been waiting for this my WHOLE LIFE!!!!  So, of course, I just started trying to get Lily and Skyler excited about Christmas (because it'll probably take a while for it to sink in) and so tonight at dinner this is what happened:

Me: "Do you know who's coming to visit in a few months?!?!?!"

Then at the same time Skyler and I said:
Me:  "Santa!!!!!"
Skyler:  "Jesus?"

And then it hit me.... the Little Handsome is way more into the spirit of Christmas than I am.  I burst out laughing which of course turned into tears because that was seriously humbling.  I'm grateful that I had this experience early on so that I can remember the true meaning of Christmas.  And yes, you really are reading about Christmas in October.

Anyhoo, my papala works for IBM and they had their "Family Day" today and we went to enjoy a day full of free food and rides.  Here are some pics of the day:




One of my favorite parts of the day was when Lily called her hamburger patty a "cookie" and was very surprised when she took her first bite.


In the meantime I continue to be amazed at all the wonderful things that are happening to us with our house.  It really didn't make much financial sense for me and Ben to go ahead and buy a house now but the spirit just kept prompting us toward this one house.  I'd get excited and then I'd realize something else and start to worry.  But miracles just keep happening:

Miracle #4: the builder installed the wrong doors in the Play Room (except they were actually the doors we REALLY wanted in the first place) and so they apologized and charged us for no doors which took an extra $700 off of the house price (we'll take anything we can get!)

Miracle #5:  Ben found a diamond ring buried a few feet underground 3 years ago when he worked for Rexburg's water department.  After failing to find the owner (which was close to impossible considering how deep it was buried and the fact that it was at a public park) we were left with this diamond ring which Ben had completely forgotten about.  Then this week Lily got into some of our stuff and pulled that out of nowhere!  So we will be selling it to put that towards the house as well.

I cannot believe how miraculous my life is right now.  This house is PERFECT and I'm so excited to move in. I think it's safe to say that the Lord knows us better than we know ourselves.

5 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Oh Skyler, I WISH!!! You make me laugh little man.

So jealous I missed IBM day. I hope you had enough fun for me and Becca too!

David & Brenda said...

You are so blessed! And so are we...by extension. Looking forward to seeing all y'all in 5 days!

Brenda Sue said...

My recommendation, is take the ring to a Diamond Wholesaler. You should get closer to what it's actually worth.

nikib4kids said...

You know it when it's right! I'm so glad things are turning around for you guys! Oh, and Skyler is just such an awesome little guy!

D. Eisele said...

HAHAHAH Oh Skyler! The things children say. One time I was playing a game with my niece...you know the one where you sneak up on people and scare them. I asked her who we should sneak up on and she told me Jesus. I don't think that would be the funnest game to play with Him.

And finding that ring is SO awesome!!!! Everything is just coming together so great! I feel blessed just knowing of your blessings!