I have been terrible at taking pictures (don't worry, I am planning on soon redressing my kids in their Halloween costumes and pretending that I actually remembered to take pictures that night....). So you guys get an awesome picture of my son's hand!!! YEAH!
The past few days my dad and Ben have been to and from Idaho. They got back last night and can I say how thankful I am to have them. I consider myself very spoiled to have such wonderful family. Thanks to Ben's dad and best friend, Matt in helping us get everything done so quickly!!!
And today/probably tomorrow, too, is moving day. My dad just tried taking Lily's Workshop Tool Table (which she has been so conveniently been using as a bedside table) and she yelled "No don't touch! AWAY! AWAY!!" And she tried protecting it with her life. Too bad I'm too convincing and got her to color and play with play dough while my dad snuck it out. I have a feeling that this is going to be harder than I thought with babies around....
And although my entire life is basically centered around this move right now I would regret it if I didn't put up a few quotes of the week.
Me: "Lily, are you my favorite daughter?"
Lily: "Doctor? Me no doctor." *Rolls her eyes and looks at me like I'm stupid*
Stop reading here if you don't want to know how unladylike I am. That means you, Daddy. So I get really burpy when I chew gum (seriously???) and I was chewing gum in the car and I literally had the biggest burp of my life. It probably lasted a good 4 seconds. Here's how Lily responded: "You OK mommy?!?! You OK?!?!"
Skyler has gotten really big into saying please (pronounced "baze") and thank you (pronounced "day doo"). It is super duper cute.
So as I said before, today or tomorrow will be our last day at my parents' house. So let me dedicate this section to them. Thank you for putting up with toys everywhere, for the kiddos scaring the bajeebers out of Mia at first, for Skyler who still cries through the night, for Lily who has the volume of a fire alarm, for the kids bringing home sickness all the time from church, for their constant fingerprints on the TV and windows, for getting everything childproofed, for allowing 8 AM therapy sessions, and for getting into all of the "caves of wonders" aka pantry and closets, for getting covered in goop when trying to help me feed them at mealtime, for letting me sleep in sometimes because I'm about at my wits ends, for watching the kids so Ben and I can have dates, and for letting me use more than a fair share of hot water for my showers. You guys are super awesome and we're so lucky we have y'all! MWAH!

7 comments:
We're with you in spirit as you move. This is a BIG event as you move forward in your life! Glad we could visit and see your new home; it'll be nice to see photos once you get moved in. Hope you've got good weather. It's raining here.
Hip hip hooray for one and all!!! And poor Nanni is going to have to do it all over again in a month or two.
Hahaha - Lily's response to your burp was the best!
This post made Preston and I laugh out loud! I seriously had the most ginormous burp of my life a month or so ago and it shocked me so bad that I did my laugh/cry. It was amazing....and Preston was thinking, "What did I get myself into?!" :)
hurray< i am so excited for you to move in. Seriously, let me know if you need any help at all.
It's been our pleasure! <3
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!! However, will we ever see you again?
Lily is sooooo cute! It's hard to believe that she has a mother than can burp for 4 seconds. :)
I'm so glad that Benjamin and your dad got home safely, and so did Dave!!! Since my BYU days I'm always nervous about people driving long distances with a risk of snow.
Post a Comment