Monday, November 29, 2010

Lil's Room


I've decided to keep my promise.  Here are pics of Lily's room (even though it's not complete yet).



Lil's windows face the front of the house (South) so it gets REALLY warm in her room with all that sun!  I've got some sweet IKEA fabric that I'm planning on sewing into curtains for her, I'll post that when they're done.



I found this tutorial on Ucreate (or here ).  I instantly fell in love and since I was looking for an EXTREMELY cheap way to put color in Lily's room, this was perfect.  I spent $5 on a big booklet of cardstock, used one page of each color, and 3 Harry Potter movies later I ended up with this.  The only problem is that half of the time Lily tries to convince me that they're actually stars.



This part of the room is dedicated to my mom.  Although we bought the crib itself, my mom sewed that awesome quilt and headboard piece herself.  I also stole that fitted sheet and pillow case from them.... mwahaha.  Then my mom cut up one of her old Greg Olsen calenders and framed a couple of pictures.  "I Love New Yorkies" is one of my all-time favorites.  It was only fitting that Lily had a few "bark barks" in her room.  :)  And it really is only fitting that this is dedicated to my mom because apparently Lily thinks that everything in our house belongs to Nanni anyway.  I don't think she'll ever grasp the concept of "OUR" house.


Sorry for the bad quality of pictures.  I blame it on the fact that I took these at night and had terrible lighting.

Tomorrow my goal is to get the kitchen pictures taken.  P.S. This is by far the coolest room in my house.  Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

ooh, I want some of those flowers!! More pictures!!!

Liz Wilcken said...

Cuteness!

Linda Westover said...

Love the flowers! The same idea ought to work well with butterflies, too.

David & Brenda said...

Love her room! It's perfect for Lily!

Cheryl said...

What a pretty room!

Manda 'n' Noah said...

what a pretty room for a pretty little girl, only the best for my (middle)namesake ;-)