The kids meeting Santa for the first time went something like this:
Lily: "OMG I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die!!!!!!"
Skyler: "Holy cow look at all of these awesome decorations!!!!"
Camera lady: *squeaks toy to get them to smile*
Lily: continued screaming
Me: I give up. Take children away from Santa toward exit.
Lily: (super happy now) *waves* "Bye Santa! Bye Santa!!!!!!"
Me: Figures.
So to get over all of the trauma of meeting Santa we took them to play in the kid area.
Then we ate Chick-fil-A. Lily's smiling because she just finished licking out all of her ranch dressing.
Christmas Eve jammies.
Lily was lucky enough to get a doll from each set of grandparents. Thank goodness she's obsessed with dolls right now.
The helicopter that held Skyler's attention for so long that he didn't even want to open presents. Lily had to open all of his for him. Poor girl. ; )
Showing off her toddler bling.
Getting totally spoiled by Aunt Becca (sometimes Aunt "Beck" to Lily) and Uncle "Sesston."
Then came something that Becca and I have waited our whole lives for: a white Christmas. It started snowing during Christmas dinner and continued through the next afternoon. We got at least 6 inches. We were stoked! This was the first white Christmas since 1947! Glad I got to witness it! As you can see Lily was excited too!
A picture of my parents' deck. We were so thrilled by the snow but it also meant that we had to spend another day at my parents' house. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome. We played games to our hearts' content. BUT, Ben and I only packed enough stuff to stay one night so we lived in our PJ's.
We hope that all y'all had a wonderful Christmas, too!













5 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas! :) And I think Maddox would go crazy over those Elmo slippers ... where'd you get those!?
Close ... apparently the last recorded "White Christmas" in Raleigh was 1947! HOLY COW!
That is so great that you got a white Christmas! And that you had a happy Christmas. All your pictures are so cute.
Lily's reaction is EXACTLY the reason we don't have that cute series of Santa photos with our kids. I heard someone say the other day, that the cure for that is put the kids on the chair and have Santa stand behind them. Brilliant. What fun to get snow on Christmas. We got the stomach flu :)
Snow is really beautiful! I don't understand why you had to stay another night at your parent's house because of the snow??? Doesn't Benjamin remember how to drive in snow?
Sound like you had a great Christmas! Lily's reaction to Santa both before and after was hilarious!
Post a Comment