Tuesday, February 7, 2012

We Need Your Prayers

I normally feel like a blog is a place to keep a journal that can be shared with those who care about us.  But at the moment we are in desperate need of prayers, and so since there are so many of you who read this blog I figure that I'm going to use that as a tool as well.  Here's the story:

In the beginning of my pregnancy we were having insurance problems that put me off from going to see a doctor.  After those insurance problems were resolved I finally got in touch with a doctor who was willing to accept me as a patient.  However, he has a massive amount of patients so I had to set up my first appointment for a few weeks down the road (my first appointment was actually supposed to be today).  But yesterday afternoon they let me know that he and his office partner are splitting up and so he has to get rid of a bunch of his patients, including me. 

So I have spent my time since looking for a new OB/GYN.  When receptionists tell me enthusiastically that they ARE accepting new patients they survey me on my past pregnancies.  When they hear all about my pregnancy with Skyler (a really badly complicated pregnancy) they quickly inform me that they "are full and that they can't take on any more patients."  I translate this as: "You're high risk.  We don't want you."

I finally found one doctor who is willing to give me a "qualifying appointment" where they would run tests on me and get more details about my pregnancy history.  Depending on how high risk they think I am, they will either accept or decline me as a patient. 

I am at 15 weeks and I still don't have an OB/GYN.  Last week I had to go to the ER because of some minor complications and they put me on bed rest and medication.  I'm starting to get a little nervous, but I know Heavenly Father wouldn't let me get pregnant just so I couldn't take care of my baby when I am desperately trying to. 

So any prayers in our direction would rock.  I only ask this because I have great faith in prayer and I think that this is very prayer-worthy.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways that it almost seems selfish to ask for more blessings, but then I remind myself that this is for my child, not me.  And he/she is worth it.

9 comments:

Manda 'n' Noah said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't even know doctors could reject you like that. It's ridiculous. We are praying for you and your little blessing I know heavenly father will help you find the right doctor. Be safe and take care of yourself and the little peanut! Love ya guys

Mike Hopkins said...

Definitely will keep the prayers coming and know you'll be on the temple roll in Rexburg!

Brave Brooke said...

Of course we'll pray for you!

Julie said...

I didn't even know this was possible!

Things will work out. They always do, even if it seems impossible. I know that for sure. Keep us updated.

Becca Meservy said...

Yes, ma'am! Love you all.

Cheryl said...

Is there a medical board you could talk to about doctors rejecting you because of your higher risk pregnancy? I'm surprised they wouldn't take you because I would assume they would make more money...
You are in our prayers and I'll add you to the Cardston temple too.
Love you tons!

April Bishop said...

Love you guys! You are in our prayers...

Liz Wilcken said...

We're praying for you and little Elijah Andrew!!! :) (I passed on your email to Gramps so he'll probably put your name on the prayer roll out there.)

Alli W said...

I'm praying for you as well- Keep your chin up!
Love,
Alli Walser