Monday, March 5, 2012

It's A......

Our pre-ultrasound guesses:

Ben: BOY
Heather:  BOY
Lily: GIRL
Skyler:  GIRL (although once out of the billion times asked he said he wanted a brother, and one other time he said he wanted me to deliver a new mommy..... ouch??????)

So who was right?  The Babies or the Parents????

The babies of course!  We are having a little girl!!!!!  And I am not-so-secretly thrilled!

Oh the ruffles!  The dresses!  The bows!  The inch long gelled curls!  Aaaaahhhh.... so excited!


Let me say that ultrasounds and I have a bad history.  That is, I can't understand a thing they're showing me to save my life.  So, since Ben and I were soooooo convinced that this was a boy I was looking for, well, boy parts.  And then there "he" was in all of "his" glory: one leg, another leg, and something very clear in between.  Immediately I thought, "Oh well there we are.  It doesn't take a professional to know what THAT is.  We are DEFINITELY having a boy."  Just then, the sonographer said, "Those are really healthy looking kidneys."  Ummm... kidneys?  Whoops.  Sorry, Baby Girl. 

And may I give a shout out to my sister, Becca?  I think she deserves some awesome recognition.  She has managed to correctly guess the genders of all 9 of the 9 grandbabies born on my side of the family.  That is seriously amazing.  I don't know if I'll ever do another ultrasound again.  I'll probably just ask her what I'm having.  She should become a sonographer with her skills.

And since we're on the subject of finding out that we're having a girl, I wanted to share a story about Ben.  When we were pregnant with Lily we were also "100% positive" she was a boy.  On the way to get our ultrasound Ben said, "It had BETTER BE a boy."  The doctor said Lily was a girl and Ben immediately melted into a puddle on the floor.  When we left the doctor's office Ben drove us straight to Wal-Mart and landed us in the baby department.  Immediately his arms were full of dresses and I said, "Uh, why don't we just buy one for now?"  I saw his negotiating face come on and he said, "How about 3?"  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one excited for more girliness in this family...  :)

7 comments:

Brave Brooke said...

Kevan and I were both pretty set on a boy but having a girl is LOADS of fun. What am I going to do one day with a boy and no accessories to put on him!?

Becca said...

Thank you! Thank you very much!! haha

So excited to have another girl baby in the fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may just have to fly out there this summer.rk

David & Brenda said...

1 + 1 equals 2; 1 + 1 equals 4
1 + 1 equals 5; 1 + 1 equals 13
And every equation is correct as it relates to your family! (If you can't figure out all of the equations, give me a call. One thing is certain, our happiness is multiplied!)

April Bishop said...

Congrats! Little girls rock! And I like your kidney story... =)

Chrissy said...

Congratulations! yay! So happy for you. And Becca has some awesome skills there, that is quite a record!

Mary Ann said...

Go, Buki!!! I can hardly wait for another fluffy one myself :D !!

Michal Thompson said...

we were nervous when we found out Kamryn was a girl since Ashlyn already is a teenager