Remember my last post? About how awesome this weekend was going to be? About how the kids were going to go camping in the back yard?
Ummm... yeah.... we threw that out the window after all.
Because we found this ginormous mural over our bed. We sort of cancelled anything fun/yummy/covered in warm fuzzies after that.
Oh, and on the bed. And on my scriptures.
And in our closet.
As you can see, my children are absolute gems.
Looks like it's time for us to finish painting the downstairs so we can finally choose a paint color for our room. A semi-gloss paint color. I'm getting tired of this whole flat paint deal....
The only thing I can say that was lucky about this whole discovery was that I was in the middle of planning my sharing time lesson. It's topic is "I Feel My Savior's Love When I Try To Be Like Jesus Christ." Oh, children. You are lucky for that tender mercy.
And just for clarification, I am posting this simply to prove to my children that they weren't perfect growing up. So when my grandbabies do this exact same thing, I'll just sit back and chuckle and think to myself, "Aaahhh.... karma."
6 comments:
I love it when you post lots :) And it makes me feel better when I see other kids coloring on the walls. It's almost as nice as when Rose does it in permanent pen and writes her name so we know who did it, and she just might possibly deny that she did it.
I think I want to know why Ben has something magenta, frilly, and feminine looking on his side of the closet though... :)
That is some serious graffiti!!!
Ohhh dear. I'm sorry, Pueb.
I can't help but laugh when I read and see this post...I've so been there... We are renting until our house sells back in Burns and yea we are gonna have to paint before we move OUT rather than in a place... ughhh! I feel your pain!!
I feel your pain. Paige is also a graffiti artist. She colored most of her body (face included) in red marker yesterday. Just when I thought it was getting better... :)
Another thought: If you know what markers they use when they do it, you can call the company (usually posted on the box somewhere or you could find it online). They usually have tested ways to get little kid graffiti off of most anything. They'll ask you what was colored on, and they'll give you some awesome tips. They'll even ask what the fiber content is if it's on furniture. That's my best stain removal tip for markers of any kind. For future reference....
Post a Comment