CTR 5 Teacher
CTR 7 Teacher
Primary Music Leader
CTR 4 Teacher
Primary 1st Counselor
It's a good thing I've got a kickin' Primary teaching resume.
Because today I needed it.
It started in the Dollar Tree with me saying, "Put that back, Skyler."
Apparently he didn't.
Because when we put our bags in the car there was a neon green ball in his hand.
I mentally pulled out my z-snap and thought (with full attitude), "Oh. No. You. Didn't."
I marched that Little Man back into the store and straight to the cashier.
(There was no way I was going to inconspicuously put it back.)
I explained what happened.
Then I made Skyler give it back.
(Which took 3 attempts since he wouldn't make eye contact and kept missing her hand)
Then he apologized. And promised not to do it again.
And cried on our walk back to the car.
Despite Skyler's bad choice, I was glad that this happened because it was an age-appropriate learning experience for him to see the difference between choosing the easy/wrong way and the difficult/right way. It was actually coincidental that this happened today because just two nights ago we had a Family Home Evening lesson on honesty. All we covered was the difference between telling the truth and lying. So Skyler's stealing was an opportunity for me to push the honesty lesson even further.
Maybe I'll push my luck next week and teach the kiddos about tithing. Then maybe a couple of days later we'll magically find some money. :)
5 comments:
What a good story! I'm glad you recorded it; it will be a gem for 'remembering' and future teaching. And good luck with the lesson on tithing...or, I should say, the days after...
I like your finding money reasoning and you z-snap.:)
This post is so much more meaningful after reading the post about his fettish with balls! Some boys never aout grow this as Uncle Jim still looks at every bin or tub of balls he passes. :P
I did notice my lamborghini missing after your last visit but I didn't want to say anything. If you return it by Saturday I won't press charges. ;-)
"I mentally pulled out my z-snap and thought (with full attitude), "Oh. No. You. Didn't." "
I love this! Both because I can totally picture this, and because I have definitely done it myself :)
Post a Comment