Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Scrumptiously Babylicious


Oh Ella.  You have got to stop being so cute.  Goodness gracious.
 
Have I mentioned that I think Ella might be our chubbiest baby yet?
 
10 points to Ella!
 
And -10 points to me and Ben who will probably melt by your cuteness every time you ask for something that you want.

 
 
 
 
 

Ella is 4 months old now so we went ahead and started feeding her rice cereal.
 
The first obstacle to overcome was squishing her legs into the Bumbo.  It doesn't look like it in this picture, but believe me, it may require oil, butter, or vaseline in the near future.  Those legs are fat.  And this mama is happy.
 

She acted the way she should with her first few bites of cereal.  She wondered what the heck we were doing to her while she tried to shove the spoon away and replace it with her fist/thumb.
 
Yes.  Despite all of our attempts to finally have a baby who takes a pacifier, Ella is now leaning more toward her thumb.  She'll pop her bink right out and stick her fist in her mouth. 
 
Lame.
 
 
But she's still our little angel baby.
 


This picture gives a great glimpse of what her hair looks like.  She's a brunette, yet she's a blonde.  Her roots are definitely lighter than her tips all over her head, but her crown is practically platinum while the front is just a light brown.  Maybe we could just call it ombre?  Still crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn into zebra print.  But her hair is long and thick enough that I can put bows straight in it now.  Yay!
 
 
 
Some quotes from Lily and Skyler:
 
 
*interrupting me and Ben kissing*
Lily: "Awww!  It's a happily ever after!"
 
 
 
*While trying to explain animal sacrifices in the scriptures*
Me: "So way back then, they would build an alter and make a fire and stick animals on it as a sacrifice to the Lord.  They would sacrifice things like sheep or cows..."
Skyler: "... or fireworks..."

5 comments:

thepodfather said...

So, is it just me, or does Ella look like she has Lily's face, but Skyler's cheeks? I'm anxiously awaiting the picture of her running with her cheeks bouncing up and down (like the Skyler one).

Liz Wilcken said...

I agree with Papa :)

I also see Ella has already staked out her spot by the tree in hopes of glimpsing Santa busy at work. Like mother, like daughter. You peekers....

Becca said...

Precious pictures of Ella! Less than 2 weeks until I get to cuddle her!!!!!!!

:D

Garrett family said...

She is adorable! You guys make cute babies!

David & Brenda said...

Ella is wonderful! I especially loved Lily's quote. :)