Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Family Tea Party

My mom has had this wish for a while to have tea parties with her grandkids.  So while we were over at her house after Christmas, we had one!  This was the very first one -- aka the trial run -- and so we weren't fancily dressed or groomed, hence my hoodie and exquisite hair.... *ahem*  This is basically a way to have a little party while teaching the kids proper dining etiquette and manners.  So of course, my first rule for them was that poop was not allowed to be mentioned at the table.  Ah, the joys of life.

These little cakes have a fancy name and I cannot remember what it is.  Fail.

Becca and the sugar cubes.  Enough said.  If she feels so inclined to share her history with sugar cubes I will allow her to do it on her own blog.  :)



First taste of herbal tea.  She actually didn't mind it.



Skyler really loved the sugar cubes....

... as you can see.  

Next time we will be in Sunday dress and there probably won't be snacking on the sugar cubes.  Thank you Mamala for hosting!

3 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

petite fours (not sure about the spelling). Ah, Becca and sugar cubes. :) Good times :)

Becca said...

Skyler was so cute! I think he should be my sugar cube king! :)

David & Brenda said...

The tea parties I grew up with were teeny tiny tea parties with teeny tiny cups, saucers, etc. This brings tea parties to a whole new level. I'm glad you have a grandma there to spoil and take care of you, Lily and Skyler (and Ella too).