Friday, June 14, 2013

SOLD!

 
FRIDAY 6/7
 
House goes on the market
 
 
SATURDAY 6/8
 
Showing for Couple #1.  They love the house.
 
 
SUNDAY 6/9
 
Nothing.
 
 
MONDAY 6/10
 
Couple #1 tells our agent, Sheri, that they want to see the house again to put in an offer.  Sheri keeps this information to herself because of the late hour and she wants us to get sleep.  Bless that woman because we totally wouldn't have slept.
 
 
TUESDAY 6/11
 
Sheri tells us that Couple #1 wants to put in an offer after they see the house again.  We get way too excited.  We leave the kids with my mom to go house hunting.  Couple #1 puts in a pretty low offer.  Then we find out a second couple wants to see the house.  Agent #2 books an appointment for a preview of the house for the agent alone.
 
 
WEDNESDAY 6/12
 
We counter with Couple #1.  Agent #2 loves the house when she tours it and says she'll be bringing her clients on Friday.
 
 
THURSDAY 6/13
 
Couple #1 counters with a fantastic offer.  We hesitate to accept it because we know from some digging that our agent has done that Couple #2 is very serious too.  We decide to wait on any decisions until after Couple #2 has seen the house.
 
 
FRIDAY 6/14
 
Couple #2 couldn't come to see the house due to a storm and lack of power, but trust their agent enough to put in an offer (what???).  Between asking price, closing costs, appliances -- basically everything in the two contracts -- the difference in offers was about $150.  Ben and I pray and get an extremely clear answer.  We are giving the house to Couple #1.
 
 
 
 
I didn't think this would happen this way.  My mom did.  She kept telling me that our house was going to sell fast -- that she could just feel it.  But I didn't feel it.  In fact I was so sure that our house was undesirable to everyone but us.  But clearly I was wrong.
 
The lesson I have learned from this experience is that when you're too shocked by Heavenly Father's news that it's time to move -- um, right now -- you move -- right now.  I can see why we needed to hurry so that we could give our house to this particular young family and move on to our next.
 
And speaking of the next.... we know which one we want.  We have since the beginning of May.  But I will speak more of it when things become official.  But oh how we are crossing our fingers for this glorious home.  Whether we get it or not, we are definitely going to Holly Springs.
 
We close on our house July 17th.  So only about a month to go.  And I have epic plans of a family sleepover in the castle our last night.  EPIC. 


8 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

I'd love to know these epic plans :)

Nancy@owensolivia said...

Congrats!

Becca said...

Yay!!! I'm super excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

Great news! And Ben, how did you not say something on the phone this morning?

Sarah Baird said...

Wow! That was way fast! So happy that everything worked out great.

David & Brenda said...

We are THRILLED for you!!!

Shelene said...

I LOVE it when the Lord works in speedy ways! So much better than dragging it out, if you ask me. ;) So excited for you guys and your new adventure!

Michal Thompson said...

I am sad your leaving the castle! Cause I wish I had one!