Tuesday, May 27, 2014

President Uchtdorf talking about Thaddeus Hill. No big deal.

It's not everyday when your mom brings you a copy of the church news and says, "Oh by the way, President Uchtdorf talked about Thaddeus Hill during the dedication of the Fort Lauderdale temple dedication."  Thad is named after Thaddeus Hill -- my ancestor who was the first person baptized in the state of Florida.  His story is incredible and it's because of him that I got a scholarship to any of the BYU's of my choice.  So I'm extra grateful to him for not only my membership in the church but also because I got to go to college cheaply and so will my kids.  :)

So when I had that dream a year ago that we were supposed to name Thad after Thaddeus Hill, I guess it wasn't that big of a shock.  Anyhoo, I wanted to record this on the blog since it's pretty awesome that a member of the first presidency talked about one of my ancestors.



Yay for my two Thaddeuses!

2 comments:

thepodfather said...

I always thought that the plural of Thaddeus is Thaddei ;-)

Liz Wilcken said...

That's so cool!