When I took Lily to ballet yesterday, I was thrilled to find out it was observation week. Normally I only get to see Lily practice her ballet through the one way mirror in the wall. But once a semester they let the parents in the room. I missed her first one of the year because I was in Hong Kong and I was so bummed. But I was thrilled I didn't miss it this time! And Ella was even more excited than I was. Unfortunately since I didn't know about this ahead of time, I was only armed with my iPhone instead of my camera -- hence, the lame-o pictures. We can also put some of the blame of my unsteady hand on Ella because she kept grabbing me and saying, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, etc." over and over again. I'm sure you fellow moms know the feeling.
Also, I learned that Lily's two teacher assistants are named Miss Eliza and Miss Bennett. Enough said.
I am so excited for Lily's recital in June. Now that she's 7, she gets to perform at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium. Her class will be dancing to music from the new Cinderella movie and all their costumes look like her blue dress. They're gorgeous!
And for the record, I got completely teary-eyed during class. Oh man. Being a mom is rough on the hormones.
2 comments:
These pictures are precious, even if they're from an iPhone. And I totally would have been teary-eyed too, and she's not even my baby.
Happy you're blogging again. :)
When is the performance in June? Wouldn't it be nice if we could be there!?
Post a Comment