Lily finished another year of ballet. She's still obsessed and is looking forward to trying pointe in two more years.
She had her recital at the Fletcher theater at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium as usual. We were so grateful to have been able to go because Ivy had just been discharged from the hospital 24 hours beforehand. Lily was the second performance in a 2+ hour recital. So when the first performance happened and the speakers were so loud, Ivy freaked out even though I had stuffed her ears with cotton. I said a prayer outside the theater while she was crying that I would be able to watch Lily's performance even if I had to wait outside for the rest of the recital. Ivy miraculously and instantly fell asleep and I was able to watch Lily (and the rest of the recital). Tender mercies.
Lily's class danced to a song all about leaving the 99 to find the 1. It was all about friendship and makes me tear up every single time I've seen it. I love watching Lily grow in her talents.
No comments:
Post a Comment