So we just got our internet back (which is an awfully convenient thing to have when you're taking a couple of online classes....) and so I feel like celebrating by making a new post. Well, Lily has never been one for binkies.... you put them in her mouth and you watch as she pops them out like a whalespout (must get it from my side....). So what does she like to suck on? Her dresses. Well what I really should say is that she likes to suck on the BOTTOM of her dresses. So up it goes as she shows the world her diaper and she stuffs the ruffles into her mouth. I'm worried about about this habit because in a few months Rexburg will begin to get into its subzero temperatures and she'll freeze if her clothes are wet....boo. Anyway, back to the replacement binkies.... we thought Lily was teething this week, and so I dipped her binkies in water and put them in the freezer (I read about this in a baby magazine) and now Lily loves her binkies. Yes. She's interesting. The only bad thing about this, yet again, is the whole getting her clothes wet detail. As she sucks on her binky it melts and she'll have a trail of water on her face and onto her clothes.... :(Well here's a movie of Lily babbling. I know most of y'all aren't even interested in this but I, of course, have "first-time parent syndrome" and I get excited over everything she does, as I should.... it's not the best example... as I have previously said it is hard to capture things on camera at the right moment.
P.S. Ben is FINALLY over his food poisoning.... I don't think I'll do any posts about that situation.... I'm positive y'all would NOT be interested in the details.... :)
5 comments:
It's amazing to see both of you shine out from Lily's face. Maybe you can get those teething rings/toys that are meant to go in the freezer, but I guess it might be hard to keep it there? You aren't supposed to put teething rings in the freezer (I can't remember why), but there are a few that are made to go there (they look like they have silicone gel in them instead of water). Good luck!
forgot to mention that you can do the same trick with washcloths (but probably would get lily WAY wet).
LOVE the movie! She is adorable! I think it's so funny that she lifts up her dress. You'll have to keep an eye on her! ;)
I loved the movies! This last photo shows her enormous eyes. She is such a cutie. I'm glad you have new-parent syndrome--keep those photos/movies a-comin'! Love y'all!
Can't get enough! Send more!!
Post a Comment