So here's just an example as to why I should remind everyone to lock their doors: last night I was home with just Lily (Ben was at work) and my friend Lauren was on her way to bring me dinner since I haven't been doing well. Well it turned out that someone hit her car on her way over so she wasn't able to come over after all and I wish she had because about 10 minutes after that happened someone tried breaking into our apartment while I was STILL home!
I heard someone coming up the stairs (I assumed it was my neighbors) but he started twisting MY doorknob and after he realized that it was locked (as I always keep it... better to be paranoid than dead...) he started picking the lock! My outside light was on, and even the tv in that room was on. So I just assumed Ben was having a hard time getting in but I wasn't positive so I didn't open the door (because he had just left for work an hour or two earlier). After about 30 seconds of picking at the lock the guy gave up and ran down the stairs really quick and I tried to look out my window but I couldn't see him at that angle. I just reported it to the police in case it had been happening a lot in our area.
It's funny because while this was happening I was thinking, "OK if he breaks in how am I going to defend myself...." Well there are the obvious answers and then I realized I have quite a collection of dirty diapers that would be great for throwing.... mwahahahaha..... he literally wouldn't know what hit him....
Anyway, the result for my ultra-sound showed nothing... BOO. That was my worst fear. The sooner they find something the sooner this pain goes away! My doctor's seeing me again today to try some different tests. If he doesn't find anything the next step is a CT scan and I think if it gets to that point I'll just deal with the pain... I've had a baby without drugs, right? I can handle this.
UPDATE: I just saw my doctor again and had an x-ray. He quickly found my problem and it's too embarassing to share on a blog so let's just say that I'll be better in the next few days...
8 comments:
When I was on my mission in Mexico one night someone tried breaking into an apartment where the Sister missionaries in our district were living. One of the Sisters yelled (in Spanish) "Pedro, Pedro, quick! Bring the pistol!" The man ran off and they were never bothered again. I thought that was pretty quick thinking (or perhaps inspiration).
BTW, you might want to consider drinking prune juice - it's supposed to do wonders (I have a story about that too, but I won't share it here). Love, Papa
That's so scary! I'm glad he left and that everything is okay. That's one of my worst fears when Jonathan is working at night. I'm so glad you're okay.
the scary thing is is that we never lock our doors and we live down the street! I am never leaving the door unlocked again! And honestly it was no problem at all watching lily! Infact I enjoyed it! She is such a sweet little one! And if you need my help with anything or if you just want some company let me know! And who knows maybe i will surprise you with some goodies some time soon!
I'm glad that you and the baby were not hurt!
That is scary. Really grateful you and Lily are both okay. Being a policeman's daughter, I was raised to keep my doors locked even when we're home. Glad you are wise enough to do so.
Even better....WARM prune juice. Hope you feel better. I thought you lived in Happy Valley where nothing bad ever happens?!? What's happened to Rexburg??
oh my heck! i just read your story about the lock your door and i was thinking hmm i should go lock my doors cause i'm home along brandon just left to go to the store and as i walked up to the door to unlock it someone was jiggling the doorknob! thank goodness it was only brandon i was so scared!
I'm glad that everything has turned out alright...attempted break-in and your helath!
Post a Comment