Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas!

Last year we spent Christmas with my family in North Carolina and so this year we spent it with Ben's parents down in Hurricane, UT. We only got to spend 2 days in Hurricane but it was well-worth the 20 hours total in the car to be able to spend that time with family.... and I must say that it was nice being in a place with cacti and palm trees..... :)
My pictures are all out of order. Some day I'll figure out how to do this right.

A present from Santa to Lily!








Getting into her Christmas "jambos" as my family would call them.

The children got a surprise on Christmas Eve when Santa came to visit! He brought them all pajamas! (L-R Lily, Lindsey, and Alan)


Lily and Alan with Santa. Alan is 2.5 weeks older than Lily but he weighs 23 lbs. and is already crawling! That little man is impressive!


All of the cousins playing


Well Santa came this year for all of us! Ben and I were quite surprised. We weren't planning on Santa visiting us this year but I guess we were good! Lily got this toy from Santa. She's not supposed to ride it for another 6 months but, hey, it's Christmas right?


Trina and Robert going through their stockings. Alan was happy with his little "puffs" and Lindsey got the Polly Pocket she asked for! (Christmas is so much fun when there are little kids to watch!)



Lindsey with her Disney tea set.


Lily's present from Aunt April and Uncle Tom. So cute! She already has a picture in it!


Ben and I got Lord of the Rings Monopoly for Christmas. Let's just say Trina and Robert are masterminds at playing this game! I lost but really Ben should have....hehehe. We showed him a lot of mercy throughout the game.... :)


Look at how much bigger Alan looks.


Grandpa feeding Lily.


Finally a picture with Grandma! She's usually the photographer!
Well Ben and I had a very special Christmas this year. Only family would understand our reasons but we felt so loved and we were so blessed this Christmas! It was my first Christmas away from home and I thought it would feel very strange. It was very nice to be with Ben's family, although I did still miss mine. We know that we were watched over especially as we travelled because we were almost killed maybe 10 times on the way home because of horrible roads and other drivers. We know that the Lord watches over us and we were grateful to celebrate His birth this Christmas. I cherish the time I get to spend with children this time of year. One of the best parts of the trip was when Lindsey put the nativity scene together as we read the story of Christ's birth. We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas like we did!


9 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! So I guess I can't be TOO mad that you didn't stop and say hi!! I'm glad you made it there and back safely!

Liz Wilcken said...

Heather, is that your "lucky water" on the table giving you good luck during Monopoly? You need to tell Ben, and maybe he won't lose so badly. Don't forget the crushed ice too!

LOVE the pictures :)

Julie said...

What fun pictures! Lily is just beautiful. Last year was my first not being home for Christmas and it was weird...but this year was much easier.

I love reading your posts!

Liz Wilcken said...

forgot to mention, you can change the order of the pictures by dragging a picture all the way below a picture or all the way above the picture. It won't work if you do it part-ways.

Karen said...

Maybe you should plan a trip up here...it's lots closer than 20 hours!! We could bribe you with presents and babysitting, if that's all it takes!! I haven't gotten Uncle Al in a Santa suit in a LONG time tho, so come in the spring and we'll dress him up as a honey bee or something :) April will help me....oh, yea...we'll make him a moving man :( You better come soon.

Linda Westover said...

Thanks for posting all those cute pictures! Nor only did we enjoy seeing all the sweet little ones, we also were glad to see that Dave and Brenda are still alive and looking good. I think we knew more about what was going on in their lives when they lived in Samoa.
Have a great New Year!

Mary Ann said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Those photos were so cute! Loved Lily in her reindeer jambos and that picture with her sucking her thumb just made me want to cuddle her (sigh). We're glad you had such a wonderful time with family! More photos......!

Anonymous said...

Lily has gotten so big!! She is so cute and such a good mix of you both :) Tyes & I now have a blog if you want ours is aliciantyes

Cheryl said...

It was nice to see some of the Christmas happenings. Lily is absolutely beautiful in that picture in front of the tree.