This picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post but Lily woke up with bedhead and I had to take a picture. You know when your 6 month old has 4 inches of hair that you're bound to get some fun pictures! Oh what a cute little Einstein!Anyway on to our surprise! It all started in November when I just wasn't normal physically. I just didn't feel right. Then two days after Thanksgiving Ben and I got a little surprise and found out that baby #2 is on the way! Yes, we realize that since this baby is due August 4, 2009 that our babies will be 13.5 months apart. To be completely honest I'm a little freaked out and I'm really hoping that Lily is walking well by then otherwise I'm literally going to have my hands full!
Normally I would have announced my pregnancy sooner but this has been a very complicated one. I was at high risk for having a miscarriage, but now that I'm pretty much in the 2nd trimester everything should be ok. I have had blessings and I feel that this pregnancy is going to be complicated and my doctor is really worried about it also. Something isn't quite right, and it's too early to pin it down to one thing at this point. I won't bore you with all of the pregnancy drama I've been experiencing so far.
Anyway, Ben and I call this our "pleasant surprise." We are excited for August (and at the same time dreading the fact that we'll probably be moving at some point this spring/summer because Ben graduates in April....) We're very excited that Lily will get the chance to be a big sister so soon. I'm also grateful that Lily is the most easygoing baby in the world since this pregnancy has been difficult. We're excited that we'll be able to become parents all over again. After having Lily I know what I get to look forward to all over again. Hey, maybe I'll just have a baby every year until I'm 24 or 25 and take advantage of my good metabolism!!!! jjjuuuusssttt kidding.
10 comments:
Yay for announcing that I have another cute niece/nephew on the way! :) We've been praying for you and will continue to do so!
CUTE picture of Lily and Ben!
Somehow... I knew it!
Congrats! :)
But girl... you are amazing! That's all I have to say! Whew! I'm not even ready for one!
But I'll keep you in my prayers!
When I come visit Rexburg this semester to see my brother, I'll let you know and maybe we can stop by to visit? :)
Love you much,
Alex
Yay...thanks for telling :) NOW I can post something worth while on my blog :)
I am so happy for you! And I am sorry that it is such a complicated pregnancy.. If you need an ear to listen to you complain, you know how to reach me!
Yeah! I'm way excited for you!!!
Tarra and I are thirteen months apart:) That should make you feel a little better:)
My roommate just said something about the kids being Irish Twins. Apparently that is the cut off:) Congrats on twins!
I will keep your name on the Temple prayer roll, as well as in our prayers. You will survive this!
I hate to ask dumb questions, but what has Ben been majoring in, and where do you think you might go?
Love to all of you!
WOW!!! What a surprise! Congrats!!! You are one tough lady--I don't know that I could do it. Keep us updated.
I just have to say that that picture of Ben and Lily is so stinkin cute. If I had children that looked as beautiful as Lily, I would be having them all the time! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for both of you :)
Congratulations! Hopefully, we'll be able to get down there this year and meet Benjamin's beautiful family. :) I'm very happy for you! You have had a very tough time. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment