Monday, April 27, 2009

Another fun trip.....

This past weekend our little family headed down to Utah for my sister, Becca's, graduation. It was a really fun weekend and Ben and I agree that this was one of our favorite trips.



First, we decided last minute to leave at 2:30 in the afternoon instead of 5:30 at night and so we were just throwing everything together really quickly and guess what--we didn't forget anything! It was a miracle since my pregnant mind isn't always the sharpest thing in the world..... but we won't get into that. We made it down to Utah quicker than normal thanks to Ben's "gifted" driving. We got down to American Fork Just in time to make Chinese dinner reservations with the Whale family. Bless y'all for choosing Chinese because good Asian food does not exist in Rexburg and I have been deprived for a LONG time.


The next day was Becca's graduation at BYU. We weren't able to make it to commencement but Elder Nelson and President Uchtdorf spoke there. We did, however, make it to convocation where Elder Oaks spoke. It was a good experience minus the fact that Lily only made it through 10 minutes and so Ben had to take her out and miss pretty much the whole thing. Becca majored in Vocal Performance and we're really proud of her. She's been able to share her musical talents in a few countries and I'm pretty sure that there are more countries in her future.

That afternoon we headed up to Sundance to spend the day with the Prices. On the way up Ben stopped to get gas and told me to go inside and get a couple of milkshakes for the ride up. So it was this little place called "Iceberg" and I'd never heard of it (I now know that EVERYONE in Utah knows all about Iceberg and I'm just behind on the times.....) So we had just eaten lunch so I decided to get "mini" milkshakes for us. So they call my number and I go up to get the ice cream and these are no minis. Well they were, they just didn't seem like it. Anyway, I recommend going there because you get more ice cream than you'll ever need for $3.



So we spent the day with the Prices in this gorgeous cabin in Sundance. Ben and I had a great time because their family is super-competitive in games like we are. We played Nertz for quite a while and Ben and I did pretty well when we were a team. We were also able to celebrate my parents' birthdays (my dad's 3 days older than my mom) so we got some awesome Mexican food (my pregnancy dream come true) and birthday cake.

Saturday Ben spent the day with his brother, Joe. So I didn't get to see him at all but he had a really fun time going out to eat and going to a couple of Joe's jobs with him. I, on the other hand, was having a rough pregnancy day so I just hung out with Lizzie's family in Provo while my parents helped move Becca out of her apartment. We got to spend the day as a family and then went out to Mimi's Cafe for dinner--YUM! I had this awesome salmon dish (you can get the exact recipe at http://www.mimiscafe.com/RecipesSalmon.aspx) and it came with a dessert. So I got chocolate mousse with strawberry sauce. The waiter also brought me a second dessert because he heard me talking about how good it sounded. I almost started crying in the restaurant because I was so happy (like I said earlier, it was a MAJOR pregnancy day).


The next day Ben came back to Alpine and we spent the day with the Whales. We have discovered that Lily adores dogs. She would just crawl around and chase Daisy (although dogs are obviously a lot faster on their feet) and even let Daisy give her kisses on her cheeks and hands. We were only able to stay for dinner (which is always so amazing when La Rae's cooking...) and then we had to take off to come home. Ben made this trip a little faster than the one on the way down...... and Lily had fun watching the Little Mermaid in the back seat. I was shocked that she could actually focus on a tv screen for that long but she did really well and now I'm so grateful that our car came with tv screens in the headrests. I never cared about them before this trip.

So now life should be back to normal for at least a little while. Ben and I just enjoy traveling too much and we always have fun just having long talks in the car. We haven't planned anything else for this summer but we have a few things in the back of our mind that we would like to do. Sorry about the lack of personal pictures. I remembered to bring my camera down to Utah but I forgot to take it to Sundance and graduation and every other place we went to...... but again, we don't need to talk about my brain when I'm pregnant--I don't need to scare people with my insanity.

7 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Ben saw your pic of the cougar logo, and he was like, "That's from Wendy's!!!" Don't know where he got that from. Yeah, Price's introduced me to Iceberg. I think they do a $1 day too. It's crazy! Glad you got back safely. :)

Heidi Henderson said...

I was so fun to see you guys over the weekend and to get to know your husband since I haven't yet had the opportunity. YOu guys are awesome! And you made nertz fun!!!

Email me and I'll invite you to my blog
heidihen@gmail.com

Benjamin Macbeth said...

Love, I have to agree that we can not talk about your brain... or mine... they both kind of scare me. But I have to agree with Wife, it was a really fun trip.

Brenda Sue said...

It would have been funner if you stopped by to see me!!! But I guess I can forgive you! But just this once!

Rachel said...

I love that ice cream shop, but I did live in utah. haha we were in provo for graduation too. also, we should get together soon and play games. Do you wanna come over soon?

April Bishop said...

Are you pregnant or something? Your post had a lot about food in it... :) Isn't great to be able to eat and not throw up? I'm still waiting for my brain to return to normal. If it doesn't soon, I'm going to have to come up with a different excuse than "I've got baby brain"....

Anonymous said...

Good times! It was way fun to be joined by some fellow competitors even though i think half your ploy is to get ben laughing so everyone gets distracted :). So fun! We gotta get together soon! Hopefully before you have your 3rd :)