Friday, April 3, 2009

Yay for good news!!!

First off, congratulations to my big sister Lizzie and her husband Brian who just found out that they're going to have their third baby in November!


Second, Happy Birthday to April and Mum/Grandmum. We hope y'all have had wonderful days!


Now onto my good news: I visited my perinatologist today and was finally given some wonderful news.... I've waited four months to hear this!!! He did an ultrasound of the baby to check the blood flow throughout his brain and heart. If things were irregular it meant that he was anemic and would have to either have to have a blood transfusion in the womb (and change his blood type from B+ to O-) or he would have heart failure. Luckilly his blood flowed well and so we don't expect either thing to happen. Second he explained to me the results of my antibody test that was done on the 18th. The results were good (very few antibodies in my blood) and so it looks like Ben and I will have no problem having more kids! YAY! I just have to have bloodwork done every month so doctors can make sure my antibody level stays low. Bloodwork I can handle, so I'm VERY relieved.


Life is pretty amazing. We think we might have come up with our son's name: Skyler James. Maybe. I'm still a little bit on the fence but I don't think Ben's going to budge away from that name. I apologize this blog doesn't have any pictures (especially since Lily gets cute every day!) I will post more pictures soon. In the meantime I think Ben and I will just take it easy and enjoy Conference weekend.

10 comments:

April Bishop said...

That's not just good news, that's GREAT news! I like the name Skylar. I won't tell you about the demon child in our ward who is named Skylar... :) I'm happy for you guys!

Liz Wilcken said...

You can't steal James as a middle name! I had that name first! Ok, so it's only a middle name. You can use it ;)

Karen said...

I agree with April, that's great news. We're relived to hear things are good! And we got the graduation announcement! Big congrats! Plans??

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Congrats! I'm so glad to hear that wonderful news! Just goes to show the power of faith and prayer! We are happy for you guys!

Linda Westover said...

We're relieved and thrilled for you!
And congrats, too, on graduation. Now we'll add our prayers for your finding employment that meets your needs and desires.

Julie said...

Yes! This is great news!!! I like the name too...very cute.

Brenda Sue said...

Yay! I'm so glad that the baby is healthy and that you are healthy, and that Benjamin is graduating, and I love the name Skyler James! VERY cute!!! Love ya!! Come visit!

Chrissy said...

That's so great Heather! We are so happy for all your good news.

Raschelle said...

So, I'm not really sure if you're doing this on purpose, but, um, Lily and James? Sound familiar? I mean, at least he won't go by James, but your kids are emitting a feeling of Harry Potter;)

I'm so happy for you!!!!

Heather Macbeth said...

Note to Shelly-

Ben wanted to name him James but I brought up the exact same point. He said I was being ridiculous and only crazy Harry Potter people would realize that. I told him he could have it as a middle name but that was as far as I was going. So thank you for proving my point!