Yes, that's right--warm weather is finally here!!!! (Lily is very excited, can't you tell?)
Sunday after church we set up a blanket outside our apartment and just relaxed and ate gummy worms. It was wwwwooooonnnnnnddddeeerrrrffffuuuulllll.........

So we have discovered Lily's first fear (DUM DUM DUM): grass. It is such a relief to go outside because I can't keep up with her all the time inside. All I have to do is put out a blanket and she won't even try to leave the blanket. If you look closely in the pictures you'll see we put the candy and other things in the grass so she wouldn't even try to steal them... Ben has been trying to work on getting her over this but I say let her be scared of grass for as long as possible!!!!! Call me an evil mom but it's my one break!!!!!

Lily always crosses her ankles like a little lady. She does this EVERYWHERE! She does it in church, the car, bathtub, wherever....
Lily and I spent Monday afternoon on the temple grounds. I thought I'd take her around and let her look at all the plants (and, of course, the temple) but it seemed like she led the tour so I just followed....



This is what happens when it's bright outside and she's trying her very best to smile... :)

Bye temple! We'll be back soon enough....



8 comments:
Nate was terrified of grass at first. He is over it now! Must be a normal baby thing!
I think Ben was afraid of grass too. I think it just doesn't look or feel like carpet, so it's really weird. Yay for warm weather!
Adorable pics of Lil as usual. It's so fun to see her standing and being a little woman. That made me just think of, "Like a woman." Sorry, Lizzie. :)
Lily is so cute, and I love how she crosses her ankles. Sami loves being outside but she is allergic to grass. She breaks out in an itchy rash. But I let her play anyway and then put cream on her to take away the itch.
If you ever wants lots and lots of warm weather, come visit us. You're welcome anytime :).
Love all the pictures! She is getting so big.
I've heard that the fear of grass is a totally normal thing for this age. I wish I could instill a little fear in Eden. She thinks she should rip it out by the handfuls and eat it.
I'm glad that you're able to still put whale spouts in Lily's hair! :) The Rexburg Temple reminds me a lot of the St George Temple.
A jail cell with no bars. It just doesn't get better than that!
Loved those newest photos! What a great idea to take her to the temple--hope it becomes a habit. Yay, the whale spouts are back.
Post a Comment