Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mommy's Day

Instead of just celebrating on Sunday, I was a little spoiled the whole weekend. I usually get up with Lily on Saturdays (because it's Ben's one day to sleep in and he gets up with her every other day....) so I woke up with her as usual. I put her back in bed and somehow was able to sleep in until 10:30 after that. I can't even remember the last time I did that. Later Ben and I went grocery shopping (this is embarassing to admit, but I LLLOOOOOVVVVEEE grocery shopping when I'm pregnant and I guess when I'm not pregnant, too, but whatever........) and so I was able to make myself a chocolate cheesecake with strawberry syrup. I would post a picture of it except I didn't take a picture before we started eating it and I'm not about to take one now and show how much I HAVE eaten..... So on Sunday we went to church as usual and my one Mother's Day request was that Ben take Lily the third hour of church because I never get to listen to all of Relief Society. Then we came home and I was able to get an UNINTERRUPTED nap. Maybe there's something sacred about Mother's Day or something because that never happens...... then Ben made me the best roast dinner ever (he's an AMAZING cook to those of you who don't know him.... he pretty much can do everything, and he does. I'm sooooo lucky.) He also gave me a present and I'll take a picture of it when it's totally completed. Then we just played a couple of card games and fell asleep in the living room. It was a pretty awesome day......



Here are some pictures and movies of our Lilybug. On Friday I went to DI to find a temple dress that would fit me for my entire pregnancy so I don't have to rent one every time I go, and I found this little dress in the process. Bless you DI for having so many cute things for a dollar or two.





Lily's weird crawling

Our little talker

I hope that everyone had an AWESOME mother's day. I know that Ben and I are extremely grateful for our mothers. They have been such wonderful examples to us and I can't imagine life without them.

5 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Fun day! I give you permission to do all my grocery shopping from now on. :)

Becca said...

Lily's crawl is AMAZING! Wow! I've never seen anything like that before. She really does look like Spider Man! She's gonna be awesome at doing pushups one day.

I'm glad that you had a great Mother's Day! Sorry that I didn't call...I was booked all day. LOVE YOU!

April Bishop said...

She's learned to crawl that way so her dress doesn't get caught under her knees. That would only slow her down! Funny. I'm glad you had a great day. Tell Ben I'm coming next year...

Chrissy said...

What a great weekend! I am so happy for you. It's wonderful to have an awesome husband to take care of you, you definitely need it when you are prego.

I like grocery shopping too. I especially love it when I get a good deal and I come home and brag about it to Jonathan.

Cheryl said...

The good news about the antibodies and your treatment for Mother's Day sounds like Ben's going to have a hard time topping this one. :) I was sick on MOther's Day... :( It is even nicer now to read your blogs since I've met you! I love yur personality and the relationship youo and Benjamin have!!! Congratulations on your miracle! Lily looks as bautiful as ever, but I'm looking foreard to her curls growing back in.
P.S. We received the letter!