
A package came today. There's just something special about getting something in the mail that's not a bill or an unwanted ad. Heck, when I have to order something online I even click the box to have it wrapped (if it's free) just so I get the exhileration of opening a present! (And that's only the begining of my weirdness...) I have to admit I don't order stuff online very much but I will if there's an awesome online sale. So Old Navy has AWESOME sales. When their baby stuff goes on sale a lot of the time it's cheaper than buying stuff at Wal-Mart so I splurge on a few things like winter coats. This year I decided to get Lily some boots she could wear everywhere (including in the snow). Sigh. I love these boots. They kind of look like cowboy boots, kind of look like snow boots, and have these cute bows on them. Oh how I love girly things. Here she is modeling them for me:

So here's a story about her high chair. Let me first give a shout out and thanks to April for having twins (meaning double of everything) and giving us a ton of her extra stuff! She gave us this attachable high chair and it has been a total lifesaver. Our apartment doesn't really have a place for a normal high chair so this one is AWESOME! However, Lily manages to make awesome things props in her quest to kill herself. That's right, you heard what I said. The other day I was doing dishes while she was eating her dinner. One moment I looked at her and she was eating away. I turned back to the dishes. Maybe 30 seconds later I glanced at her again. Holy cow. She's not in her chair anymore! Instead she's sitting on top of the counter with a box of nails in one hand and Germ-X in the other! This is only one thing on a list of things Lily has done that has just about killed her. All I have to say is I now belive in angels more than ever!!!
Sorry there's no picture of Sky. But I do have a story about him as well. I will skip the telling of this week's explosive diaper that was so full we had to change him in the tub and will go on to another story. :) So Sky isn't the happiest little guy in the world. For a while we have been debating over whether he has Colic or not. So when he starts getting the blues I try everything in my mommy's book of secrets to calm him down. Nothing has seemed to work for this little guy. But now I know his secret. He's a sucker for his mom rapping. That's right. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!! And now I know that he likes it when I rap to him. His favorite song is Live Your Life by T.I. Don't worry I never sing anything bad. Besides Ben can testify that I never remember the words to songs and I always just sing, "something something something something." But when I sing this song a huge grin just spreads across his face and he is happy as long as I'm acting all "gangsta." I'm starting to wonder if he already has a sense of humor and he wants to take advantage of this as long as possible..... thank goodness he won't have memories of this when he's older. The things you do for your kids....
Side story about Ben: I'm so used to being pregnant that I still haven't gotten used to the non-pregnant me yet. In fact I still automatically hug Ben sideways since I was always too big to hug him the normal way. Well, the other day Ben started drumming on my stomach and my instant response was, "don't do it any harder! You could hurt the baby!" You should have seen his eyes pop. PRICELESS!
5 comments:
Oh, I would've given anything to see Ben's face when you announced your "pregnancy!" I wanna hear Sky's diaper story! Gramps has the same story when Shannon was little. Oh, thank you for updating. I needed some laughs today. I've got a fun cold :P
"How to give your husband a heart attack in five seconds or less..." Fantastic!
Grandma Macbeth used to undress Karrie and Lee Ann and lay them across her knees in front of a wall heater we had and rock and pat them, one at a time :) until they calmed down. Funny what tricks will work and how silly we're willing to look making them work. Good work in keeping Ben on his toes!!
I think a picture of Heather "gangsta" style would be the perfect compliment to this post ;).
Since I'm Ben's cousin, I don't know you very well, but I just have to let you know that I think you are hilarious and I absolutely love reading your blog about your family! Thanks for sharing your life and helping us all get to know you better!
Post a Comment