Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed In

Let me start this post by saying that I completely understand that I am putting myself in a position of mockery since I am writing about the amazing snow we received here, when we just moved here from Rexburg which has WAY MORE. There has just always been something so special about North Carolina snow. Maybe it's because it's rare to have enough to play in, or maybe it's because all the green trees look prettier, or maybe it's all the hilarious drama from people who have no idea what to do in snow (Ben really enjoyed watching the news which always says to not leave your home unless there's an emergency! The governor even declared North Carolina to be in a state of emergency and grocery stores run out of food the day before storms hit! Oh it has been fun to be back... hahahaha.....). But I'm sitting here enjoying the snow outside and although it is Sunday morning, we are not at church because it was cancelled. And hopefully school will be cancelled tomorrow (I'm rooting for you Wake County students!!!). All because of a few inches of snow...... yep. It's definitely different here. :)


Saturday morning was fun. I got up and made cinnamon rolls to make the day a little more special (sorry, Hubby. I think I'm going to make you lose the Macbeth Biggest Loser competition. Whoops.) Lily and Skyler had some quality reading time. She is such a good big sister!

Here's our house after the snowfall.

One of the best parts about living on the top of a hill is that we get to sled right in front of our house........ oh wait........ nobody wanted to do that with me...... so I didn't get to sled. Hopefully the snow will melt a little today and refreeze tonight which will cancel school and mean some AMAZING sledding tomorrow. I don't care if I'm some freaky mom sledding by myself. It will be done.

Since Lily only wanted to spend a good 5-10 minutes outside we built a fort for the day and and played with blocks and watched movies. We even built a little round section for Sky's bumbo.
Ben thinks I'm crazy because I got so excited about the snow. But it really has been fun to see. Make fun of me if you want but I'll probably always be this crazy.

9 comments:

Chris & Meghan said...

What is your little fort made out of? Chris thinks it looks cool. He wants one too!

Julie said...

Haha--I loved this post! I love how North Carolinians are so crazy about the snow. I think all my friends have posted blogs and facebook pictures...its definitely nothing out of the ordinary here!!

David & Brenda said...

Ditto with Benjamin. No snow for me!!

Manda 'n' Noah said...

sweet fort! i'm super jealous

Becca said...

Heather, I TOTALLY would have gone sledding down the street with you! I'm sure Lily would have gone with you as well. :) I kind of miss those days when we're "stuck" in the house. Wish I could have played with y'all!

April Bishop said...

I'm a sledder myself... Sounds like a fun day!

Chrissy said...

I think you are a great mom!

Liz Wilcken said...

I'll race you down the hill Puebar! I'll totally beat you too!

Cheryl said...

I wish that they would cancel school when it blizzards and goes down to -35 C, but no nothing ever stops kids from having to go to school...or having the teachers have to go. Too much inconvenience with parents and their employers. When it's something out of the ordinary, I guess it might be exciting. Our grandkids have the same fort. They got it from their other grandma. I think it's the best!