Friday, January 15, 2010

Lily and Skyler Updates

Well our adventure in NC continues and although there are a few frustrations, life in general is pretty sweet right now. Lily and Skyler are growing and changing which has its ups and downs. Lily's always been a talker, but not a lot of what she says is very clear. Every now and then she would learn a new word but then she'd stop using it after a couple of weeks. I was really worried about her until I read "What to Expect the Toddler Years" (all of those books are 100% AMAZING!!! LOVE THEM!!!) and they said that your child probably is talking she just is hard to understand. But lately Lily's been speaking much better and is learning quickly. She now likes to help clean up her meal crumbs. I don't mind her wanting to help!


But of course she's not perfect. The bathroom is her designated time out spot because it's tiny and she can't run (which is basically the biggest punishment we could give her at this point...) Clearly she is MISERABLE in time out. Notice the unrolled toilet paper and the tipped-over trash can. We actually have to put the toilet brush on top of the counter because I caught her using it as a sword once.... eeewww. Lily also likes to climb up on the toilet and pretend to ride it. Now when we try to give her a warning when she's doing something wrong we'll ask, "do you want to go to time out?" and she'll just nod her head. Life as a toddler is rough!


As for my little Handsome he's now enjoying his Bumbo more. We just clip on the tray and put his toys on it. It's funny because he's not perfect with his hands yet so he just goes "SWOOSH" and knocks all of the toys off. All of this is done which he has a total look of concentration on his face. He's a pretty cute kid!


And here he is again about to fall asleep on Ben. His sleeping is so much better now!!! A little while ago we started letting him cry at night again. (Last time it didn't work out because we went to Seattle at Thanksgiving and then when we got back life was crazy with packing, and then we moved here and we're finally settled without much change.) He's sleeping for about 7 hours at a time and so I can't complain! Let's just say that I can think normally again! Thanks, Bud!


And here are some of Lily's dance moves. Well, I guess she starts off with dancing and then it quickly turns into the Haka (Polynesian war dance) and ends with a bow. Oh, and she's wearing my apron. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Love the dancing, and hearing mom and dad sing :)

Becca said...

CUTEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! Oh my gosh. Seriously. I was laughing out loud! Especially to see her dance in your apron--adorable! And the bow...impressive. "Oh WOW!"

Chrissy said...

That's a pretty cute movie! I am so glad that your little guy is sleeping better. For me, it's the difference between happy mommy and mean mommy. Luckily I get my sleep most nights :). And I agree that toddler life is rough. My little toddler is not a big fan of time out either. That's why it works :).

David & Brenda said...

LOVED the post! And the movie had me laughing out loud too!

Cheryl said...

I can't believe how big Lily is getting, especially obvious in the cleaning off the table pic! Sky has changed so much too! I'm golad you're sleeping again.

thepodfather said...

HELP! The movie of Lily dancing doesn't seem to be working anymore. I need my Lily fix. Is there any way that you can get this movie working again? The world is such a cold and cruel place we need our Lily movie to survive.