Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 1 - Water Day!!!!

Today we started our "family vacation!" Since we don't really have an income we're attempting to do this as cheaply as possible. Most days will be free (besides gas) but every now and then we'll spend very little. Each day has a theme and hopefully something we can teach Lily... so in a way this is more of a week long field trip than a vacation. Today was water day. We went to the lake and washed the car (keep in mind our activities aren't thrilling but they're fun for an almost 2 year-old....)


I like this picture... it somehow looks religious to me... although it is a seagull and not a dove... :(



How I love these ugly ducks... if they're ducks. I always thought they looked like turkey ducks.

Can I tell you how much I love my double stroller. Bless the person who invented these. We passed about 2.5 billion dogs during the 2 mile walk and Lily had so much fun saying "bark bark" back to the dogs. And of course she also quacked back at the ducks.


So today I was almost killed by a goose. You can tell these birds are all a little too used to people giving them bread that when it saw mine it literally flew out of the water and in between me and Ben (we were only about two feet apart) and tried to get my bread before it landed back in the water on the other side of the bridge. And in this split second of the "attack" I was thinking, "I can't believe this is how I'm going to die!!!! I have children to raise!!!" Now I look back at that and sigh at how incredibly stupid I am. So much for my dream of being a superhero.... you never realize just how scared you can get until a goose comes flyin' at ya.


I love how Lily runs with her whole body.

Always loving her daddy!

Skyler didn't enjoy just sitting around watching us wash the car so he hung out with me. This week is going to have some amazing weather- all 60's!!!! As we were washing the car it was evaporating off immediately. Warm weather, I love you. Never leave me again.
After all this Lily helped Papa and me rake leaves, pine cones, and these spiky little balls in the backyard to get ready for tomorrow!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Woohoo! What a fun day! I can't believe the turtles are out already. And I WISH I was there to have seen the goose. I would have died laughing! :) Can't wait to see what's up tomorrow! :)

Liz Wilcken said...

LOL!!! I always thought they looked like ugly turkey ducks too. Maybe a blind turkey bred with a duck and thought it was one of it's own kind? Hey, our kids almost get "killed" by the ducks here in winter. One actually grabbed bread out of Benjamin's hand--and bit him at the same time and Ben threw the rest of the bread down and cried. We haven't been to the pond since.

April Bishop said...

Aren't you the cutest family in the world?

Cheryl said...

This looks like a wonderful walk! Sounds like you had a great water day...and all survived!

David & Brenda said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your water day with us!