Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh, the Joys of Life

What are those things called that you use to squeeze the mucus out of babies' noses with? I call them snotsuckers because I can never remember. Anyway, Lily was using a snotsucker as a pen and was writing a bunch of notes to us.

Is there anything better than little guys in baby ties?! And, yes, I realized I put his clip on on even though his shirt is unbuttoned at the top. That's what happens when babies start outgrowing their clothes...


When I go into the bathroom to do my hair/makeup Lily will often follow me and and close the door behind her. She'll pull herself up onto the toilet and start going through my stack of baby magazines or play in the sink (or brush her teeth for 20 minutes, which seems to be the favorite). We just love our girl time. The other day she was really fascinated in my makeup. So I let her put a some lip gloss on (which ended up being all licked off because it was peppermint flavored) and then I let her put on her own blush. She looked great with it all over her chin. You can't really see too much in this picture... but let me tell you she was a little beauty queen.

The best swimsuit in the history of swimsuits. Bless you Old Navy for creating a swimsuit with little tulle tutus.

Thank you tree in the front yard for making me miserable. I'm just praying that I have allergies. We've all had colds and my parents are getting over their bronchitis, but just today my mom was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Hopefully we'll all make it through this wedding season alive.... if not bless the person who ends up being responsible for my children. You're going to need all the help you can get.

Just for Ben's mom--


8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute video! This will indeed make Brenda cry! I hope that you are all beginning to feel better.

David & Brenda said...

Oh my! I love that little girl!!!! She has me wrapped right around her little dancing toes!

Becca said...

Seriously CUTE pics of the babies. That one of Sky wearing his tie has got to be my new fav.

I LOVE that movie of Lil dancing with Brenda singing to her. Miss Lil needs to audition for So You Think You Can Dance because she'll WIN!

Can't WAIT to see you guys!

Liz Wilcken said...

LOL!!! OK that's a bit scary....Now I know what Ben would look like in a yellow tutu swimsuit, cuz Lily looks JUST like him in the picture! :D And I love the movie for Brenda too! I love you a bushel and a peck too Lily! (And Sky!)

Liz Wilcken said...

Oh, and do you mean "wedding" season or "weeding" season?

David & Brenda said...

I had to come back to get another fix of Lily dancing to "our" song. Just can't get enough!!

Oh, and I think we are probably in the same season in Hurricane UT as you are in Raleigh NC. Our trees are all in full bloom as well (plus our cacti are also budding out and our lizards are happily basking in the sun). We sure live in different but wonderful worlds,don't we?!

Chrissy said...

I love that picture of Sky all dressed up for church. And I may have to get the girls their swimsuits from Old Navy this navy. Serious cuteness.

Becca said...

Can I just mention that Lil is musically smart? I love her dance moves and how she knows when the climax of the song is. Sooooo smart. It'll be interesting to see what she does musically in her life. Hopefully she'll be a singer. :D