Friday, May 7, 2010

Becca and Preston's Wedding Day!

Here are the newlyweds, Preston and Rebecca Stewart! (And can I have a quick "HOORAY!" for the fact that none of us girls are named "Whale" anymore?!?!) The sealing ceremony was soooo beautiful and it made me realize that temple weddings really are the most beautiful thing in the world. I'm so grateful that my whole family got to be a part of this experience. It's definitely something I will never forget.



Becca and Preston at the luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Basically the best food ever!!!! I seriously wanted to cry when I had to leave early for my childrens' sake and wasn't able to finish that divine chocolate cake. Boo. But on the positive side, aren't Becca's shoes the hottest?!?! I might just have to go find some identical ones.....

Lily eating her salad. I have to brag a little bit about what an amazing eater Lily is. She always eats her fruits and veggies (except peas). Green beans are probably her all time favorite food. We'll see how long this lasts....

Lovin' the yummy rolls.

Picture taken by my five-year-old nephew Benjamin. Thanks!

Skyler had eaten 2 1/2 rolls and he was DYING for a drink...

Becca and Preston with all the nieces and nephews from the Whale side. Also Sami who got to be the flower girl!!! We're so glad she was able to come and be a part of the wedding!

Two good lookin' guys.
The reception was a ball because shortly after taking family pictures we set up two pack'n'plays in the bridesmaids' room and let Lily and Skyler pass out while Ben and I got to chow down and talk to a bunch of friends and family. It was a blast. I should say that the best part of the evening had something to do with Becca and Preston.... but personally the best part of MY evening was when some lady I didn't know asked me if I was single because her son who looked my age wanted to ask me out. I laughed and told her that not only was I married but I had two kids sleeping away in another room. She got all embarrassed but told me to just take it as a compliment (which I did). I haven't had that happen in a LLLOOONNNGGG time. So all in all the day was fabulous (you can't really count the part about unhappy children because that's just to be expected). So then Becca and Preston left to go on their cruise to Mexico (for Cinco de Mayo, I should add) and soon they'll be flying to NC for their reception out here. And after that's done there will be no more wedding business for decades and my mom would agree that that in itself is something to celebrate!

4 comments:

Rebeccarama said...

I love Becca's shoes in that one picture. No joke, I actually have an ad for famous footwear hanging on my fridge with those exact shoes (I think) so that Eric will buy me those shoes!

Liz Wilcken said...

WOW, Heather. You're one HOT mama to have a single guy want to ask you out. I tell you, you have a great body, Girl!

Say "cheese" Lily. "MONEY!"

I'm gonna steal that one picture of the nieces and nephews for my blog later :)

Chrissy said...

Ok, I am laughing about you being asked out. And the mom asking if you were single! Ha ha ha!! Hey, when you got it, you got it.

And you were soooo smart to bring those pack and plays. Seriously, so smart. It was so fun to see you guys again. And Sky's cheeks, I still can't get over them. Darling.

Cheryl said...

Don't people look at the wedding finger anymore? Benjamin should also feel complimented that someone else saw how gorgeous his wife is, and that she only has eyes for him! I'm glad that the wedding and the get together was such a great experience! Where are the newlyweds planning on living?