Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Reception

Becca and Preston's visit was awesome. We loved having them here although they were only able to stay a few days. The Taggarts were so sweet and let us use their home for the reception. We had so much help in getting ready for this reception. Thank you Falls Lake Ward!

So right before the reception started we took some pictures in the Taggarts' backyard (P.S. I so want to replace my grass with daisies someday.... but maybe I should wait until I own my own grass..... haha). Here are some pictures I took that night. Aren't they a cute couple?!




"Keep kissing, y'all, I'm not done taking pictures!!!"

Auntie Becca with Lillers right after she stole some grapes.

Lily playing innocent..... she's got that "I didn't steal those grapes, Mommy" face.

For those of you unfamiliar with the South, this is a Magnolia (as mentioned in Steel Magnolias). They're flowers that grow on trees here and this one is a little over a foot wide. Ben and Preston chopped a few down from a nearby tree.

And this was right before Lily broke their fireplace..... kind of....

At the end of the night some boys said that they had a "present" for Becca which turned out to be a frog that they caught in the backyard.
A couple of days later Becca and Preston flew home to Provo where they'll be for the next couple of years. Yay for being married! Everyday I count my blessings that I'm married because it really is the best.

5 comments:

Karen said...

First reception I've ever heard of where the bride gets a live frog!

Becca said...

Woot woot! Thanks for the pictures! LOVE 'EM!

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous backyard! It was a beautful setting for a reception. your sister looked beautiful. I loved the picture of the kids next to the fireplace!! Cute kids!!!

David & Brenda said...

I loved the photos too! Do you have a picture of your family taken in all your duds at the wedding or either reception? Or even of just the kids in their 'finery'. I'd love a copy or two or three.

Chrissy said...

Those are great pictures! They really are a beautiful couple. I love newlyweds because they are just so, so, so, so happy. And those daisies are pretty too. And who needs a fireplace in the south anyway, right? ☺