Monday, May 3, 2010

Trip to Utah

Skyler and Uncle Preston. I've always known that Skyler and Ben's dad were twins but apparently he shares some genes with Preston as well. I know what his and Becca's kids will look like....

Cousins.

Our little family went to the Tulip Festival with Gramps, my Aunt LaRae, and my cousin Kristin's family. It was GORGEOUS.


I think I saw a few koi in the pond.... I know where I'm going if we have to live off of our year supply... did I just say that????

The ball that has kept my kids' attention longer than any invention known to mankind.


At the Whale's house. One of Lily's favorite pastimes was feeding Daisy her kibble by hand. There are definitely worse things she could have done, for example when Skyler got away from my mom and decided to go for a swim in Daisy's water bowl....

Kumbaya y'all.

These cute kids put on a puppet show for Lily and she kept hitting the puppets and laughed her head off. I love how simple it is to bring a kid joy.

Off to save the day. Nothing unusual for me as Supermom.

Lily went down that slide so many times she probably could provide power for Long Island with her hair alone.

The most expensive meal of my life. Thanks Matt and Amanda for a breakfast I never would have been able to pay for myself! I don't think I'll ever have the chance to have crab legs on my breakfast plate again.....

Many children were hit in the face because they didn't put their ball into the vacuum tube right. I had to do my best as a responsible adult not to laugh out loud. But I was in my head. It was hilarious.

Noah is definitely bigger than Skyler now. CRAZINESS!

Water time with the boys! Lily it must kill you to be adored by so many guys! (Although I joke that she has a crush on my cousin Cory... haha).

They had these cute little animal costumes. Ah, Skyler the lamb. What a cute little thing!

Jockey training.

As you can see we had a pretty eventful and fun trip to Utah. All these pictures are happy and show the wonderful side of vacation but let me tell you it was the most stressful week and a half of my life. I even have physical proof-- shingles. Apparently not just old people get them. Or maybe they do and I'm getting old quickly thanks to my terrorizing children. Apparently you get them with a combination of exhaustion, stress, and having a weak immune system. SWEET. Anyway I'm on meds and hopefully they'll be gone soon without giving my children chicken pox (THAT WOULD NOT BE A FUNNY JOKE, MOTHER NATURE). I guess I'm just one of those people who keeps pushing until mother nature says, "cool it, Sister." I always had the philosophy that having kids wouldn't stop me from any experiences that I wanted to have. I'm the first to raise my hand and admit that that was stupid. So I'm just going to calm down for a while and just enjoy being home. I can feel myself drooling as I dream of just curling up with a blanket and staring into space. OK I need to stop writing before I really expose what condition I'm in.....

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Sidesaddle on a fake horse. I'm impressed. Was that the children's museum at Gateway?

Chrissy said...

I can't tell you how much I have thought of you these last few days. I am so glad you're home!!!! There really is no place like home. Especially with toddlers. We hope you get feeling better soon. Really soon. We loved seeing you again. You guys are great.