Saturday, June 12, 2010

Backyard Fun


We live 10 miles away from the airport. Lily loves it. "PPPLLLAAAANNNNE!!!!!"

Back off ladies, he's mine.

Unlike Lily at this age, Skyler LOVES grass. It was hilarious watching him crawl around in the tall grass before Ben cut it. He looked like a little jungle animal.

Lily flying around.

And this is how Skyler got his breakfast Wednesday morning. I love it when my children pretend to be a dog. I realized that they love feeding Mia too much when we were at the ward party tonight and purposefully dropped food on the floor in the church gym. Sigh.

I was about to get Skyler in his jammies when he got away in just a diaper (can I tell you how much that little man loves being naked....) and Lily kept tugging at her shirt until I took it off, then she was a happy girl. These two love to do everything the same. P.S. I have discovered the true purpose for food storage: baby drums.

Those make your legs look really good, Lil.

Well, I need a summer reading list. I like all genres. If you're reading this blog it probably means that I adore you so give me some suggestions. Please and thank you!

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I LOVE to read, so here are my favs:
Tregaron's Daughter by Madeleine Brent (this book is out of print but maybe they have it at your library, or it's worth buying (in my opinion-I own a copy) from amazon. I love, love, love this book!! Not all the books by this author are this good, just fyi. This one and Moonraker's Bride & Stranger at Wildings are the really only good ones by him.

Hearts in Hiding by Betsy Brannon Green (all of her books are good but this is my all-time favorite)

Goose Girl and Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

The Million Dollar Mystery Series from Mindy Starns Clark (5 books total, try to read in order because of the love story).

Fablehaven Series by Brandon Mull (you have to read these in order too-even J loves these books).

Celia Garth by Gwen Bristow

And for non-fiction, I love 1776, it's a history book but I really like it, especially for this time of year.

Have fun reading!!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the pictures!
Jim is currently reading 'I Am Hutterite' by Mary-Ann Kirkby. He said it's a worthwhile read.

David & Brenda said...

Oh, yes! That man's a hunk! Such a funny picture and comment :)

Becca said...

Such cute pics of Sky in grass! I LOVE the one of Lil wearing the heels. "Like a woman!"

Becca Meservy said...

Cute heels! And Emma prefers to have nothing on, too! But we have a "no-nakey buns" rule she'll grudgingly comply to.
Summer reading suggestions: The Hannah Swenson dessert murder mysteries, but beware, they have really yummy food in them - you'll need chocolate handy.
Anything my Dorothy Gilman: Thale's Folly, The Incident at Badamya, and the Mrs. Pollifax series with a grandma at the heart of the spy-mysteries.
And Hannah likes Percy Jackson and the Olympians.