Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Lily!!!!

Today Lily got to play "birthday girl" for the 2nd time. It was fabulous. As soon as I brought her down the stairs the first thing she noticed was a play kitchen from my parents. She prepared some delicious fish tea and invisible cereal for breakfast.

Now before you say, "Heather you made such a cute apron!" let me tell you that no, in fact, I didn't. Ben did. He based it off of my flirty apron so that Lil and I can match. She's going to be such a little chef in her kitchen.

$5 Ikea presents are the bomb diggity.

First pillows are apparently a big deal. She pretended to be asleep for a good half hour before nap time.

Thanks to Chrissy for these awesome ideas for kid activities. My mom made this up for her. It will be a lifesaver for church!

We ate Lily's favorite foods for dinner: hot dogs, french fries, and yes, green beans (her all time favorite). I kid you not.

Our attempt of a Curious George cake after Ben and I totally failed to make good fondant.



Here are some things I absolutely ADORE about Lily:
  • She still takes 2 naps a day (but that will probably change soon since tomorrow she'll be in a new toddler bed).
  • She says "please" and "thank you" for everything. Some examples: sacrament, vitamins, diaper changes, green beans....
  • Whenever Skyler starts crying she picks up a toy and runs it over to him. She also feeds him all the time even if it's sharing her treat.
  • The way she runs with her whole body
  • Her sense of humor. Seriously, she makes me laugh ALL the time. This child is hilarious.
  • The way she sings into anything like a microphone.

We love you Lily!!!!

6 comments:

April Bishop said...

Happy Birthday Lily! Sounds like you guys gave her a great day! Can't believe she's two...

Liz Wilcken said...

Oooo...Ben, pwetty pwease make ME a flirty apron!

Happy boofday Lily Girl! You're our favorite niece!

Michal Thompson said...

i thought the cake was awesome! Wow, I am totally impressed by ben!

David & Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing her special day so soon. It is really tough being so far away; we wish we could have been with all y'all. Happy birthday, our precious Lily! We love you so much!!

PS Love the apron and cake.

Becca said...

We're so glad Lily had a great day! WE LOVE HER!!! Kisses to my babies.

Chrissy said...

So cute!! Happy Birthday Lilers! She is a doll! I love the tiara. And I'm so glad you got the file folders games, they are lifesavers for this family.