Saturday, June 19, 2010

Superdads

So tomorrow is Father's Day and I have to say that I have an awesome dad. Let me just mention a few things. Growing up he'd always head into work at 5 AMish so that he could be home with us in the afternoons. So every summer day (or so it seemed to me) we'd go swimming which is one of my favorite memories. Did I mention that every Friday he would come to my elementary school and eat lunch with me? That was always cool. Plus he'd eat the crust from my sandwich so I didn't feel bad about not eating it...... He also was willing to put aside his lifetime hate for pets to let me and my sisters have cats, hamsters, gerbils, birds, fish, and a dog. There's a lot more I could say about him but limited space. So to sum it up, I have a pretty awesome dad. Love ya E.M! :)



Now this post would be incomplete if I didn't mention Ben. Tomorrow is Father's Day and Monday is our 3rd anniversary! I can't believe we've been married for 3 years already! I think I can say that Ben and I are successful as a married couple so far because if you can make it through your first two years pregnant you can do just about anything. I have to say that I married Ben really young but I'm glad I stole him while I could. Seriously, he's an awesome guy. He always has been so sweet to me and is always helping me do things that I can't do myself (like in the picture above, he's actually holding my bouquet because it basically weighed 500 pounds. I just put my hand on it and he did the work. Seriously awesome). He also comes to my rescue all the time whether he's opening a sippy cup or when he left work to rescue me from Wal-Mart when I had passed out and was 8 months pregnant. He's also such an amazing dad. He is the best jungle gym I've ever seen and the babies ADORE him. Not a day goes by without him telling me how much he loves being a dad. Let me just say the man should be cloned.

Yeah I know I'm lucky. Dad's are so awesome. Happy Father's day to all you dads!

4 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

I agree with you about daddy! Oh, and dad, if you read this, EM stands for "extra manly/macho" as we all know you are :) You were a great jungle gym too!

Karen said...

I wish I knew your dad, Heather. He does sound like a wonderful father. I do know Ben and you're are so right! He is amazing and always has been. Kind, polite, sensitive, and sweet as well as incredibly handsome. The two of you are a perfect match!! Happy Anniversary!

Chrissy said...

You do have an awesome dad and an awesome husband! That's cute about your dad eating lunch with you at school, and I loved that Ben helped hold your bouquet! So cute...

Michal Thompson said...

i love it, you are surrounded by amazing men!