Thursday, October 28, 2010

When It Rains it Pours



In a good way.

In less than 24 hours we will be homeowners.  This means:

*I will have one extra key on my key chain. 
*I don't have to worry about my kids breaking something that doesn't belong to me.
*We're actually putting our money toward an awesome investment.
*I can start a garden next year.
*I can paint!!!!
*I will have all of my stuff back in my possession after having it in storage for almost a year.  I have missed you pots, pans, pictures, and recipe cards that I forgot. Oh and you, too, california king sized bed.  


I'm just a little bit excited for my hand to be super sore from signing so many papers tomorrow.  

Maybe this means that I'll stop dreaming about moving in every night.

And let me give a major shout out to Ikea and Craigslist for helping us get the things we needed so cheaply.  I love you.  If I had to choose between a shopping spree between the mall or Ikea, Ikea would win every time.

And as if all of these things haven't been awesome enough something absolutely beautiful happened this week:

Lily counted to 9!
By herself.  And acted like it was nothing new.  And she keeps doing it over and over.  It's just a big shock seeing how she had only ever counted to 4 before she counted to 9.

Oh and Lily sang with Pocahontas this morning.

I am seriously loving this rainstorm.

6 comments:

David & Brenda said...

We're so excited for you! I'm been thinking all day about how the two of you are feeling today. Way to go, Lily!

Michal Thompson said...

wow, so many wonderful things! I am so excited for you. I am a major craigslist lover too!

Liz Wilcken said...

Yay little sister! So not fair that the youngest gets a house before the older two :P. But I honestly don't know anyone else who deserves it more than y'all. :) PS- Scrubbing bubbles and a damp rag are wonderful satin removers for furniture/carpet. My little move-in tip :)

April Bishop said...

Don't you love how with a child who is struggling with something, the littlest milestones are so huge? We have parties for the tiniest things with Sam. But it's such a big deal for her to get there. So - Go Lily! We're proud of you girl!!! And congratulations on the house. It's amazing! Can I borrow your umbrella?

Cheryl said...

I've been so excited for you! Guess what? I just found the most beautiful piece of Ukrainian cermic ware for you guys! It's a beautiful cookie jar! Just in time for you to ut into your new house. Too bad I hadn't been able to find it in time to have taken to your parent's this summer so they coulod have brought it to you while they were there. Oh well,,,you'll get it the next time they see you. I'll send you a picture.
I also want to say how excited I am about Lily's new verbal skills. Our oldest granddaughter had speech problems as a child due to the tubes in her ears. Now we can't keep her quiet. Lily is a doll!!! So is Skyler. The pictures are gorgeous!!!!

thepodfather said...

Ah, but with 'moving in' comes all that goes along with 'moving out', which means you lose a giant security deposit if you don't pass the cleaning check. MmmWahhHaaaHaaa. 8-) (I'm not called EM (Evil Man) for nothing)

Actually we're going to miss y'all, but luckily you'll be close enough to visit whenever we want to. Something tells me that I'll still go into Lily's room before I go to bed just to remember covering her up each night.