Do y'all remember when she looked like this?! It was right before she turned 1, when Skyler was just a horizontal mountain in my tummy. Sigh.
Today Lily and I had this depressing conversation:
ME: What did you just say, Lily?
LILY: Dog.
ME: Did you just say duck?
LILY: No. Dog, Mommy, Dog!
Dog. Not "Bark Bark." Ugh. I'm not ready for this. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for her speech therapy and I always encourage her to say correct words. But "Bark Bark" was one that I held on to. It was one of those things that I'd say back like, "did you just give Bark Bark a kiss on the head?" Sigh. Why do they grow?!
Last weekend was a huge milestone for Lily AND Skyler. Let's start with Lily, shall we?
She started using the potty. At her request. Of course this is only a beginning, but I see a beautiful image in my mind of saving $25/month on diapers. I can hear the harps playing now...
And perhaps Skyler's news is just as important!!! On Sunday, for the first time in 31 months Ben and I were kidless for the last two hours in church! Skyler is officially in nursery now!!! I thought for sure he would struggle (Lily ran right in, immediately became a teenager, and pretended we didn't exist). But Skyler's the snuggler. He's the mama's boy. He's the kid who cries when he drops a toy at his feet. We were prepared to stay with him in nursery, but NOOOOO, the boy LOVES nursery. And when Ben went in to pick him up they had the bubble blower going and Skyler solemnly said, "buh bye bubbles."
Skyler really shouldn't be in there until the 30th, but Ben and I have been called to be CTR 4 teachers, and they let him come in early. That was our VERY first calling when we got married so we kind of know our way around this age. :) They're fun. Don't get me wrong, I love these kiddos, but one day I would love to have a calling outside of Primary. Perhaps that day will eventually come. :)
Skyler 6 months

4 comments:
...and one day they grow up and have children of their own...
Nursery is so great! Best milestone EVER! And good luck with the potty training!
Funny, I just posted similar sentiments on my blog! They do grow up so fast-too fast! Isn't nursery wonderful? It changed my life. Have a great week ☺.
wow, what a cute kid he is! it feels so odd and so great to be kidless at church
Post a Comment