Thursday, January 20, 2011

Verbal Editing

I have been putting off Skyler's adjustment to one nap a day.  I NEED his morning nap more than he does.  But this week I finally surrendered and he has switched to only one nap a day in the afternoon *sob.*  Then this morning I discovered him passed out on the couch.  So much for that idea.  He got a full morning nap there and Lily even put his snack up in his face without him flinching.

So last night Ben was all snuggled up with Lily on the couch and they had this conversation:
BEN: Lily, is Mommy cute?
LILY: No.
BEN: Is Mommy pretty?
LILY: No.
BEN: Is Mommy gorgeous?
LILY: No.  Mommy's hot.

I think it's about time that Ben and I start editing what we say in front of the kids.  :)

And after quite a bit of deliberation I'm almost done with decorating Skyler's room!!!  BOOYAH!!!!  Post to follow soon!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a cute picture of Skyler! See the amazing conversations you'd miss out on if you didn't spend time with your children!!!!

Liz Wilcken said...

You're awesome Lily! (You too Feb. :) )

April Bishop said...

Bwahahahaha.... Way to go Hottie! and really great picture of Skyler!

Kristen said...

Isn't it fun when they start picking up on what you stay? :)

I'm so excited to find out you have a blog! I'm addicted!!!

Eric and Shelene said...

LOVE IT!!!! No need for editing! We say that stuff all the time! I think it is great for kids to hear how much their parents adore eachother...live it up!

Chrissy said...

HILARIOUS!