We've been in the high 90's for a few weeks now (which is kind of, sort of, extremely annoying). Let's just say we've spent a lot of time in water.
I was sitting inside in the nice A/C, watching. Yes, I think that's cheating, too.
Peekaboo.
Writing my last post made me think about the accident I was in. I was rear ended by a school bus (along with 3 of my friends who were in the car with me) and had to go through months of physical therapy to heal my back. You know the point when your back sits somewhere between excruciating pain, numbness, and muscle spasms? Yeah, that's where I was for months. I had to take muscle relaxants to rid myself of pain and I always say that I pretty much slept for a month after the accident.
Well..... on Saturday I had an epiphany. I haven't had back pain in a really, really long time - since sometime after I had Lily or Skyler (those years are kind of blurred together). And then I realized something very important: my physical therapist told me that my back problems would go away as soon as my core was exercised regularly and strengthened. I had really strong abs but my back was a joke. If I really wanted to heal, I had to put some serious effort into becoming stronger.
So naturally, my pains went away after I became a mom.
So when people always say, "Your kids are 13 months apart?! CRAZY!" I'm now going to respond with, "Yep, and because I often have a 30 pounder in one arm and a 34.5 pounder in the other I've been healed of a pain."
So, thank you Lily and Skyler for coming so close together. Y'all have healed me.
4 comments:
Love Sky's jumping. I know what it feels like to have that much weight in each arm. I think that's about how much it weighs when I pick up both twins in their car seats, at the same time, currently. Then the over-packed diaper bag filled for 3 kids and doubling as my purse just makes it more fun too :) Feel free to send some nice weather our way!
I love those flowers you made. I might have to hire you. Any new, good decorating tips?
Thanks for your testimony, both in this blog and the preceding one.
I'm glad your back is doing so well...and for those two little ones who helped you heal. :) Gratitude is so important, isn't it?? You exemplify that in your posts.
Watching Lily and Skyler makes me think back to our own "13-months-apart blessings" (April and Trina). I've come to appreciate our Father in Heaven who knows what each of His children need.
Post a Comment