Sunday, October 2, 2011

IBM Day

One of the little known facts about my dad is that he turned down promotions and higher salaries so that he could have more time at home with our family when I was younger.  As a child I could think of countless things I wanted, but I still wouldn't have traded the time that I got to have with my entire family on a daily basis.  Time has been one of the biggest blessings our whole family has ever been given.

He works for IBM.  As a major bonus each year, they throw a mini carnival and invite the families of all the employees to enjoy a day full of free food and rides.

Step 1:  Wake up Skyler from his nap in the car.  Let Ben indulge in all the snuggles.


Step 2:  Go on the Carousel.  Since Skyler is deathly afraid of rides I wasn't sure how he would react.  But I'm happy to say that he did better this time than he did last time he rode one.  Too bad he didn't scream, "THE COWS!  THE COWS!"  this time.


Step 3: Go down the monster slide.  


Papa even helped Skyler hold his arms out so he could have his "Buzz Lightyear" moment.  To infinity and beyond!


Ben said he was prepping Lily for Busch Gardens.  Ummm.... she doesn't need it.  She's ready.


Eating unlimited cotton candy?  Yes please.

Ferris Wheel. 


As Ben and I were pulling into the parking lot for this event, my favorite song was on the radio and I was busting out my moves (as well as you possibly can in a seat belt).  I turned to see some random dad giving me a weird look.  Ben immediately turned off the radio.  LAME.  But you know what?  It's in my blood.  Just check out who I got the genes from and who I gave them to:



Thanks IBM.  We'll see ya next year again!

7 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Looks like a blast! I'm jealous but happy your children have one set of grandparents so close. Great photos!

Becca said...

Too cute! I wish we could have been there! That first pic of Sky is freakin' adorable...I think that's going to have to go on my fridge. :)

Rachel said...

My Dad works for IBM and we used to have "family day" and it was pretty much the best thing ever (it was one of the things that got chopped when the economy slowed down). Glad it is still going strong here! Maybe I can get my Dad to transfer...

April Bishop said...

Totally fun day! And what a good grandpa to dance with Lily. And I love Skylar's hair!

Liz Wilcken said...

Awww... This post almost made me cry. I MISS IBM day. I remember when the "monster slide" was just a normal tall metal slide about as long as a family sized swimming pool slide. But to me, as a young kid, it was HUGE! Can I come next year?

Chrissy said...

How fun is this!!

Becca Meservy said...

I love your fam's dance moves! And dancing with your dad at youth dances was always a treat! (You can ask Becca, but he was almost as coveted a dance partner as BJ Kramer!)