Ken's Corn Maze, Garner, NC
My parents bought a Groupon to go to a corn maze in Garner. Here is the recipe for our adventurous concoction:
6 Acres
2 Toddlers, 2 Parents, 2 Grandparents
100% humidity
Lots of confused parents trying to keep up with their kids who move at cheetah-like speeds.
To put it simply, it felt like Survivor-North Carolina. Except I wasn't blindfolded or losing a mind blowing amount of weight or wondering if I could trust the people I was playing with. I actually enjoyed it, even when I had to hold Lily in the end (I simply told myself that I was probably burning twice the calories, which made it all worth it). When we came out they handed us coupons to get free food at Chick-Fil-A. Umm... yes please! It was a blast.
(I'll add other pictures later. My computer doesn't feel like uploading the rest right now).
Our other adventure last week.... well.... wasn't so awesome. Let's just say that the word, "Rock," is in our street name and they're not kidding. I could probably build each of y'all a really ugly granite counter top with how much we have in our back yard. Then the other day we were playing in the back yard, having fun, when Skyler picked up a rock, contemplated something as he stared at it in his little hand, looked at Lily, then threw it at her in between the eyes. And we're not talking about some pebble. This was a rock the size of my fist. Lily cried for about 30 seconds and then kept playing because she's the toughest cookie on the planet. Her nose, however, turned blue and got really swollen around a tiny dent where the rock hit. Her doctor had me bring her in because they were sure it was broken. Luckily, it wasn't, and her nose is back to normal now that it's been a week. I mean, seriously! What the heck?! Skyler wasn't even mad. He had this look of, "I wonder what would happen if I...."
Blah.
I'm pretty sure that parenthood is the real game of Survivor.
Except the prize is worth a lot more.
1 comment:
I remember the day Andrew picked up a rock about the same size and planted it on a bright red sports car parked in front of our house. This woman I didn't know got out of her car and with a very shocked voice said, "He hit my car!!" I was even more shocked and Andrew has never been scooped up and dispatched to the house so quickly beofore she could hurt him....or me.
Yes, we bought a new car door. I learned you can't match red paint when you're patching a dent from a rock.
Post a Comment