Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks

Thanksgiving at my parents' was fun.



We played.
We ate lots of food.
We woke up to Skyler screaming in the middle of the night because he didn't know where he was.
We shopped.
We slept.
And we ate again.

It was a blast.


But all those things aren't what Thanksgiving is all about.
I could write a huge list of things I'm thankful for, but that's not necessary.
So here's my short list:

  • Prayer: so that I can tell Heavenly Father that I recognize that I've been given more of what belongs to Him.
  • Testimony: so that I know how much gratitude can change a life.
  • Family: so that I have someone to be grateful with me.
The world would say, "That's pretty cheesy.  Stick to the eating/shopping/football watching."  But I remember the day I first saw the quote above and thought, "If I only got what I was grateful for last night, at least I would have all the basic essentials that would get me through life."  Although I'm pretty sure I didn't mention chocolate...

I hope y'all had a killer Thanksgiving, too.  Thank goodess we don't have to wait another 365 days to be thankful again.


1 comment:

david said...

Terrific blog. Love it and all of your family. Have a great week.