So I'm getting fat.
It’s not that I have been eating too many servings of
Bojangles.
Or chowing down one grilled cheese after another.
Or chugging 34287.39 million cups of water per day.
Or, at least, it’s not completely because of those things.
Because there is also a .04 ounce fetus in there. I’m pretty sure that he/she is doing most of
the stuffing.
And this is just the beginning.
As in, we’re only 8 weeks into a 40 week roller
coaster.
I’ll do the math for you.
July 31st. Harry
Potter’s B-Day.
Or more importantly, you can remember this:
June 24th – Lily
July 3rd – Ben
July 8th – Heather
July 30th – Skyler
July 31st – Baby #3.
I’m pretty sure I’m only fertile one month a year.
Nevertheless, we are thrilled!
So here’s the story, and I’m going way, WAY, back. When I was pregnant with Skyler, his
bloodstream got into mine and we have different blood types. I literally had two different types of blood
running through me when I was about 6 or 7 weeks along with him. I was sicker than a dog. I spent the rest of my pregnancy trying to
fix everything, and though doctors were pretty hopeful that everything was
pretty much fixed, they did tell me that there was still the possibility of
this making me infertile. As in, I’d be
able to get pregnant, but I’d keep having miscarriages or stillbirths. Basically, my baby could die anytime up to 40
weeks. So most people wait to announce
their pregnancies until they’re out of risky first trimester. The problem for me is that my entire
pregnancy will be risky and I won’t know that this baby is permanently mine
until I’m holding him/her in my arms. So,
since I’m showing, I figured, why not announce it. There won’t be an ideal safe time to do it and
we’re pretty excited, too.
So hold on Baby #3. I
want you to stay. Even if it means that
I have to bribe you. But if it comes to
that, I really am willing to make the sacrifice of eating more Bojangles and
chocolate ice cream. What can I
say? I love you that much.
Pictures to come.
14 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you've been hoping, and I'll keep you in my prayers!! Love, Alex
Think it will help if I eat some chocolate ice cream too? Seriously though, we are happy to have this little one on the way. July is a good month!
Big congratulations! Wish we were closer to help with the roller coaster!
what's life without risk?? We are happy for you :)
Love you guys! Congratulations!
OK, so I'm trying to decide if I want this one to be a boy or a girl. Another girl like Lily would be wonderful, or another cutie like Skyler would be great too. I guess I'm voting for dizygomatic twins (at least that's what my biology teacher called non-identical twins), a boy and a girl (I know - my vote doesn't count :-( )
So excited for you guys! We'll be keeping you and this little one in our prayers :)
Dad...are you sayin' you aren't satisfied with the twins you already have in the family?! JK.
I'm with Brenda M. I'd be happy to help you with the food eating!
And I told you you have a strange obsession with decimal numbers ;)
Congrats!!! We are super-dee-duper excited for Elijah Andrew Macbeth to make his entrance into the world!!! (They're naming him after me ya'll.)
That is awesome news! We are very happy for you!
Can hardly wait for the ultrasound!
with the third and beyond it is too hard to cover up anyway. Congrats! We will keep you in our prayers.
Congrats! i'm so happy for you guys :-)
I am so happy for you! I will be praying for you. I will be checking often for updates. And I really hope you are not very sick.
AAAAAAA! AWESOME!!!!!
Post a Comment